Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Moondance Jam T-shirt Design Contest

Moondance Jam 28
July 18-20, 2019

Re: Moondance Jam T-shirt Design Contest

Postby natethegreat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 am

As I was just saying to The Jam Web Guy, every other contest I have ever submitted stuff for every design that gets submitted get's a chance to be voted on. Look at Threadless, Woot T-shirt Derby and Designed By Humans for example. Everyone then has a shot, whether your shirt is good or bad.

It seemed to me that the contest was pitched so that everyone would have gotten a shot if you submitted your work on time. The Jam should run their own contest next year I think (I'll get on that).
natethegreat
Site Admin

Postby tiedyemom » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:45 am

Thanks for that Beau. I agree with Nate. As I stated before, I hope that whoever wins is someone that comes to Moondance. How cool would that be to walk into the shirt shack and say "I designed that". Ah well, next year. :D
tiedyemom

Postby pink flamingo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:24 am

The Jam Web Guy wrote:I agree with you guys. I had quite a few issues on how some things were handled all the way through this thing, but once it was started we just tried to make everything work the best we could. If we do something like this again next year, we will run it ourselves. We could probably just do it right on this board.

Doing it on this page would be a GREAT idea JWG!!! BTW... also REALLY like your design SMF!!!

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫
"A touch of wicked, a pinch of risqué..." ~Halestorm ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby OLD BALLS » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:06 pm

SMF -

AWESOME SHIRT! DON'T KNOW WHY YOURS WASN'T CHOSEN......I WOULD HAVE PICKED YOUR DESIGN OVER WHAT WAS CHOSEN. IN FACT IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE ONE UP FOR YOURSELF, PM ME AND I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO BUY ONE!

AFTER CHECKING OUT THE VOTING PAGE, THE VOTEFORART.COM APPEARS TO BE OPEN TO ANYONE WHO HAS A COMPUTER. THAT MEANS THAT JOE BLOW COULD HAVE SUBMITTED A DESIGN EVEN IF THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF MOONDANCE. KINDA SOUNDED THAT WAY WITH THE ONE LADY WHO SAID SHE WAS FROM DC AFTER READING HER LITTLE BIO.

THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. THIS CONTEST WAS VERY MISLEADING (I DID NOT SUBMIT ANYTHING, BUT WAS HOPING TO SEE ALL THE SUBMISSIONS FROM MY MOONDANCE BROTHERS AND SISTERS) AND IT IS TERRIBLE THAT PEOPLE WHO PUT IN THEIR HARD WORK DON'T EVEN GET A CHANCE. I HOPE WHOEVER WINS ACTUALLY GOES TO MOONDANCE AND THAT THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN. NOT GOOD AT ALL.
I'M NOT AN ARSONIST, BUT I AM A PYROMANIAC
OLD BALLS

Postby pink flamingo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Good idea Old Balls...there are a lot of designs I like... perhaps people who are interested in making up a few on their own would want to take orders on here. I know that might break some "rules"... but, then again, maybe not...?

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby DrSkank » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:53 pm

I also thought all the submissions would be available for voting. I guess, fine print wins. :evil: Anywho, it will be better next year if it's all handled on the MDJ site. In the meantime, if anyone has any designs they want posted - just for the #%$!%@ of it, email me what you have. I can convert any format and send it back with instructions how to post it, or post it for you.

On a related note, I offered to do a few custom shirts for the G-Fam. Email me yendor714 (at) hotmail dotcom if you are interested and I will get back to you. Please include 'G-Fam' in the subject.
DrSkank

Postby tiedyemom » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Hey, I'll be sending you an e-mail. I never could figure out how to post mine on here. Thanks
tiedyemom

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:26 pm

DrSkank wrote:I guess, fine print wins. :evil: Anywho, it will be better next year if it's all handled on the MDJ site.

The snags I ran into weren't even in print, much less fine print. :roll:

In hindsight everything is a lot clearer. Let's get through the voting and see what happens. Sorry, wish I had a better answer.
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Postby pink flamingo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:27 pm

DrSkank wrote:
On a related note, I offered to do a few custom shirts for the G-Fam. Email me yendor714 (at) hotmail dotcom if you are interested and I will get back to you. Please include 'G-Fam' in the subject.

DrSkank... just checking to see if you got my email about sending me shirt info.?

Thanks, Pinkie :D

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby DrSkank » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:33 pm

tom_tuttle wrote:Can we have that one for the G fam shirts?

That wasn't the original plan, but I'm always up for a last minute change...
I'll add that design to the G-Fam email that i'll be sending out, after the contest ends.

BTW - I am replying to all emails, so if you got a response, I got yours.
DrSkank

PreviousNext

Return to Moondance Jam