Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

GRAFFITI PAGE

Moondance Jam 29
July 16-18, 2020

Re: GRAFFITI PAGE

Postby Davage » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 pm

It is 105 days until the Pre-Jam Party on July 15th...

Wash Your Hands!
Stay At Home!
Practice Social Distancing / Personal Distancing.

...or it will end up being 469 days until the Pre-Jam party :(

In all seriousness.. Take Care everybody... We've lost enough Jammers over the years to various illnesses, so let's not let this Coronavirus take a single one more.
Davage

Postby Tilbury89 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:31 am

To be quite honest, I'm getting a little bit PO'ed at people on Facebook being pessimistic about the Jam still happening. If people just shut up and listen to the doctors and scientists on social distancing and staying home, we CAN and WILL flatten the infection curve and have our Jam. It's just crazy that people are acting like they know more than doctors, and every region is different because of the amount of people. I'm just keeping my point of view in the optimistic and informed direction.
Tilbury89

Postby Tilbury89 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:32 am

Davage wrote:It is 105 days until the Pre-Jam Party on July 15th...

Wash Your Hands!
Stay At Home!
Practice Social Distancing / Personal Distancing.

...or it will end up being 469 days until the Pre-Jam party :(

In all seriousness.. Take Care everybody... We've lost enough Jammers over the years to various illnesses, so let's not let this Coronavirus take a single one more.

Exactly. Good points.
Tilbury89

Postby h_wimmer11 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:32 am

Tilbury89 wrote:To be quite honest, I'm getting a little bit PO'ed at people on Facebook being pessimistic about the Jam still happening. If people just shut up and listen to the doctors and scientists on social distancing and staying home, we CAN and WILL flatten the infection curve and have our Jam. It's just crazy that people are acting like they know more than doctors, and every region is different because of the amount of people. I'm just keeping my point of view in the optimistic and informed direction.

Agreed!! We still have 3 months until the Jam, so much could happen in that amount of time! A cure or maybe social distancing will do its thing, you never know! It would be sad if they canceled the Jam and this whole ordeal was over in May. I glad MDJ isn’t jumping the gun and cancelling it. Plus, it gives everyone hope and something to look forward to in the next few months. I can’t wait for the next signings! Any clues out there JWG?
Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N. - David Wooderson :)
h_wimmer11

Postby dano » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:02 am

Man, I haven't posted on this site in many moons. Yes, I'm hooked on Facebook.
I'm stoked that MD is still presumably happening and certainly hope that it does - as we all do.

Crazy times right now. It will be interesting to see the outcome. Much sympathy to those that have suffered in some form.
I like to remain positive and will.

Rock on everybody !
dano 8-)
'Sup
dano

Postby DrJim » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:56 am

Certainly is a tough call for festivals, fairs, ribfests, the entire entertainment industry...
The vast majority of the work and planning (labor $$$) goes into these events in the planning stages.
T-shirts, mugs, lanyards, all cost $$$.
Do you keep going (spending) with the looming threat that it will be shut down out of your control?
Decisions I'm glad I'm not making. I always remain positive, but the reality is there.
Time will tell, I have been surprised over and over again by this ordeal and wouldn't hazard a guess on what the future holds.
DrJim

Postby Bjh61 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:05 am

DrJim wrote:Certainly is a tough call for festivals, fairs, ribfests, the entire entertainment industry...
The vast majority of the work and planning (labor $$$) goes into these events in the planning stages.
Do you keep going (spending) with the looming threat that it will be shut down out of your control?
Decisions I'm glad I'm not making. I always remain positive, but the reality is there.
Time will tell, I have been surprised over and over again by this ordeal and wouldn't hazard a guess on what the future holds.

But you're a Dr.... help us save MDJ!
Bjh61

Postby DrJim » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Bjh61 wrote:
DrJim wrote:Certainly is a tough call for festivals, fairs, ribfests, the entire entertainment industry...

But you're a Dr.... help us save MDJ!

I just play one on message boards.
And I couldn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
DrJim

Postby Davage » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:15 pm

Many different festivals here in London Ontario sadly are starting to look like a no-go for this year.

https://lfpress.com/entertainment/local ... -festivals

I hope that jammers everywhere are keeping well. What a wild few weeks it has been.
Davage

Postby Davage » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:49 am

Hello Jammers,

I hope that everyone is doing well. I have started to realize that Moondance Jam very likely isn't going to be happening this summer. Alice Cooper's web page doesn't show any performances until at least October of this year. It has been 4 years since my last Moondance Jam, so it is tough to start thinking about the possibility of not being able to go this year due to the virus. It would be impossible to do the 'social distancing' thing down in the pit. I do not envy all of the decisions that Kathy and crew need to make as they follow the progression of the virus and how it affects their festivals.

Stay safe everyone, and wash your hands.
Davage

PreviousNext

Return to Moondance Jam