Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

thanks to all who viewed

Moondance Jam 29
July 16-18, 2020

Re: THE FENCE PEOPLE

Postby pink flamingo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:30 pm

I really feel like there is more to this "fence people" comment than talking about peeps who were on the fence about going to the Jam...? Could it be people who camped along the fence, people who climbed the fence...? I guess only Robert knows the answer...

SO GLAD you took the leap Cupcake!!! :D

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫
"A touch of wicked, a pinch of risqué..." ~Halestorm ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby Cupcake » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Me too Pinkie!!! Can't wait to hang out!!! :cheers:
CUPS(cake) UP @ CAMP SOUTH BEERKOTA !!!!
Cupcake

Postby pink flamingo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Cupcake wrote:Me too Pinkie!!! Can't wait to hang out!!! :cheers:

I think you need to come up with a new cupcake recipe... something with a little vodka in it (you know, like jello shots & spiked watermellon)!!! :lol:

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby Doug » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:38 pm

[b]If you've ever gotten within 12 feet of the fence during a band and suddenly found the ground beneath your feet muddy, mushy, or slippery, you know the fence people were there waiting ;) [/b]
I like cats, I just can't eat a whole one by myself.
Doug

Postby FENCEPERSON1OF10 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:48 am

Robert,
What are you talking about, bro! We're (I'm) there, every year! Front and Center! With Al's (the cameraman) * in my face! Ken and Yvonne, Kirk and Darla. Kirk and Kathy have went their seporate ways and I don't see them ever being there again. I don't see Miranda, but I've heard that she may not make it. I see the dancing Tie Dye dude around Bemidji and he said that he'll be there. (collecting Guitar Picks with me) I see Mike sometimes, but he switched from being a fence person to working on stage a while back. Anyone else you looking for? See ya in a week bro!
Wayne. (WB)

Fence Person in Good Standing.
FENCEPERSON1OF10

Postby FENCEPERSON1OF10 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:46 am

tom_tuttle wrote:
Robert Tuozzo wrote:Whatever happened to the Fence People? I have not seen any of them for a couple of years now. If you're one of those FP please give us a shout out and let us know if you'll be @ MDJ XX.

Who were the fence people?

We, "THE FENCE PEOPLE" are the people, who have been coming to the fence for years and years. (this will be my 16th year) We stand/sit/lay/ by the fence for hours (used to be 8am sharp) waiting, talking, baking in the sun, holding our spots. "The best seats in the house"! We've been recognized in print, photo, and video. By Mr. Bill Bieloh, (RIP Bill) Robert Tuozzo of 22nd Century Rock Magazine, Mark Kirchhoff (man of MANY TALENTS) , Steve Loftness (MDJ Photography), Denny Relf and sons(DDR Video), and many more. We've been spat on, covered in fake blood and rose petals, tasted Cabo Wabo direct from Sammy, caught countless picks and sticks, had "Tiny" crush us as he (with the rest of security) subdues someone who's had "too much fun". "WE" are few, but proud to have been given the distinction "THE FENCE PEOPLE".
FENCEPERSON1OF10

Postby The TyGuy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:12 pm

I was a "Fence People" one year. It was the year I met Miranda. This was back when the Scorps played there. I met Kirk and Kathy then too. It almost seemed like a job for me to be a fence person. I've since given it up and am now a wanderer.
Moondance Jam 28 wishlist:
PAISTY JENNY
LILLIAN AXE
ENUFF Z'NUFF
BABYLON A.D.
TYKETTO
The TyGuy

Postby pink flamingo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:20 pm

WOW! Now we know the "rest of the story"!!! Fence People ... COOL!!! 8-) I never knew there was like a little group, or community of you that did this at all the shows... good way to make some new friends for sure! I give you all a lot of credit because I'm much too antsy to stand in one spot that long and, though at the Jam, I have never been all the way to the fence for a packed crowd... I have on earlier times and with less popular bands... and of course in my younger days when I'd be dripping in sweat and hanging on to the barrier, or stage to keep from getting pushed over. You guys have the best seat.... errrr, standing spot in the "house"... power to ya! You can never leave because people can be mean about letting you get back up there to your friends (been there, done that, don't like it much). I'm with TyGuy... I'm a wanderer...

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby FENCEPERSON1OF10 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Fence Person 1 of 10 here and am not so thrilled about the line up thus far but am totally pumped about the fact that there will be a place for me and mini-me to stand this June. If you get the chance to say Hi to us (if you can make it front and center) make sure to bring some H2O...It's gunna be a fantastic 2012 Jam and I can't wait!!! See y'all soon!
FENCEPERSON1OF10

Postby Robert Tuozzo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:02 pm

GREAT POST. I love the fence people...My new book will be on sale at the MDJ merch tent...More info Http://www.RockStarsThruMyLens.com

Thanks
Robert
Robert Tuozzo

PreviousNext

Return to Moondance Jam