Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

GOOD MORNIN' FELLOW MOONDANCE BROTHERS & SISTERS

Moondance Jam 29
July 16-18, 2020

Re: GOOD MORNIN' FELLOW MOONDANCE BROTHERS & SISTERS

Postby kocktail101 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:48 pm

I just went on there and she jumped up on the nest.Then he jumped up on the nest ,then he JUMPED on top of her :o . Was about 5 sec. then he jumped back in the water :D he looked happy.
Life is like moondance,,,you never know what will happen,,,but it will all be good
kocktail101

Postby OLDFLUTTERBY » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:18 pm

kocktail101 wrote:I just went on there and she jumped up on the nest.Then he jumped up on the nest ,then he JUMPED on top of her :o . Was about 5 sec. then he jumped back in the water :D he looked happy.

I watched that action also kocktail... :shock:
Was thinkin' "What... No Kiss!!" LOL!
Have A Most Stupendous Day! :-D
OLDFLUTTERBY

Postby OLDFLUTTERBY » Wed May 05, 2010 9:56 am

WE have the 1st egg!! :D now if they'd only take turns sitting on it... it's cold & windy this morning!! :|

Here is the link if you missed viewing the first egg being laid.

http://www.mnbound.com/viewer-videos/20 ... -laid.html
OLDFLUTTERBY

Postby pink flamingo » Thu May 06, 2010 8:26 am

I hope she doesn't accidently push that egg over the side of the nest & into the water! She makes me nervous sometimes when she's moving it around and it is so close to the edge!!!

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫
"A touch of wicked, a pinch of risqué..." ~Halestorm ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby pink flamingo » Fri May 07, 2010 10:02 am

This made me feel better... from Larry's Blog:

"Some of you have expressed concern about the egg rolling off the nest into the water or even being kicked out of the nest. That DOES happen with loon eggs and 'many' are lost to something like that [I don't think there has ever been any kind of study to know exactly how many.]

There are several things that might help to put your mind at ease about that happening.

First of all, the loons this year have constructed a relatively deep nest. So that alone should help insure that the eggs are not kicked out of the nest and it is almost impossible that the eggs would simply roll off. Some nests are flat enough that it does not take much for the eggs to roll off.

So the possibility of the eggs rolling into the water is a possibility but a VERY slim possibility. It is WAY down on the list of my concerns and I would be very surprised if it would be a problem. We have never lost an egg in that manner in all these years of doing this nest."

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby Whysper » Fri May 07, 2010 11:37 am

I watched another video about Larry's webcam and his ongoing loon nest. The bigger risk comes after the egg hatches. The babes hit the water right away and they don't use the net after that. This is when the bigger risk comes into play. The video I watched, there were two eggs. Both hatched, but one of the loonlings was lost shortly after. Lots of predators in the water and Mom and Dad can only do so much to keep them safe. :shock:
Don't blame me, I'm working on rule number 14. :hippypeace:
Whysper

Postby pink flamingo » Fri May 07, 2010 3:12 pm

I LOVE eagles, too; but for obvious reasons loons hate them (according to Larry)!

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby Whysper » Fri May 07, 2010 3:32 pm

pink flamingo wrote:I LOVE eagles, too; but for obvious reasons loons hate them (according to Larry)!

I have a funny(sic) story about eagles.

An old friend of mine worked in a business on the river in North Mpls. The common break room faced the river and one winter day a group was watching a duck out on the ice. The poor little fellow got stuck to the ice. He was wriggling around trying to free his feet from the ice and the group of people were chuckling at how silly he looked.

An eagle swooped down and snatched the duck so quickly it's little legs were left behind stuck to the ice. The group stopped in silence, it wasn't so funny anymore.

The moral... Some days your the eagle, some days your the silly little duck.
Don't blame me, I'm working on rule number 14. :hippypeace:
Whysper

Postby OLDFLUTTERBY » Fri May 07, 2010 11:40 pm

And now there are 2 eggs!! :D
The countdown begins!! :P
Pinkie, I was worried also that the 1st egg would have been rolled into the water, but Larry's blog kinda puts a person at ease. Thanks for posting that.
Whysper, the duck/eagle story is sad, the cycle of life... it is what it is.

Looking forward to watching the little ones hatch & jump into the water. Love those fuzzy little bobbers!
OLDFLUTTERBY

Postby MynameisJEFF » Sun May 09, 2010 10:45 am

Happy Mothers Day to all!
I See some rants and even some rage all I want is to see everyone live together in the world in harmony!
Love you mom!
MynameisJEFF

PreviousNext

Return to Moondance Jam