Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Opinions of Rockin 18

Re: Opinions of Rockin 18

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:05 pm

Whysper wrote:Now I know this is probably not the best place to ask this, but are RockFest and MDJ always at the same time?


Not always. It seems they are a couple years and they they are a week apart a couple years.
The music brought me to Moondance Jam. The people bring me back.
View my profiles of this years' bands at: viewforum.php?f=38
View profiles of past bands at: viewforum.php?f=7
User avatar
Chris
 
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:50 am
Location: Kansas City

Re: Opinions of Rockin 18

Postby Whysper » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:37 am

Chris wrote:
Whysper wrote:Now I know this is probably not the best place to ask this, but are RockFest and MDJ always at the same time?


Not always. It seems they are a couple years and they they are a week apart a couple years.


Thanks Chris, I may be somewhat new to MDJ but wouldn't consider dropping MDJ to attend RockFest(which I've never been to). However, this means I'll have to keep my eyes open. If they fall on different weeks, I'll definitely look at attending both. That would be a hell of a vacation. :P
Don't blame me, I'm working on rule number 14. :hippypeace:
Whysper
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Opinions of Rockin 18

Postby Davage » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:20 am

Jamminfan wrote:We've done VIP in 4 of the 10 years that we attended. It's only gotten better each year, with the great food, stage-box, meet and greets (when you can get them), shelter from the rain/wind, etc. I've only heard complaints about two aspects of VIP - one is that it is a little crowded at times, and the other is the issue of people "saving" a string of chairs (usually the front row of VIP) while they are running around for hours at a time (and the seats sit empty for those long periods of time). Then they come back and have a fit if someone is sitting in "their" chair. Hopefully, someone can come up with a solution for that.

Because of these issues (and because it's lots of fun as well), we tend to mingle with the masses up front, sit up on the hill, hit the saloon and vendors, and maybe even tour South Reserved once in a while, and only hit VIP for the beverages, food, bathrooms, and an occasional run up on the side-stagebox.


I guess that I just need to get out of the mindset that if I'm not getting my money's worth if I'm not taking advantage of all of the VIP treatments all of the time.. During Judas Priest I got out of my seat and went down front to "Jam" with the rest of the crowd..

The shelter from rain/wind and even the hot sun I suppose is worth a lot.

OK - You've sold me on VIP again ;)

Each year I'm tending to try take in more things and experiencing ALL of what the Jam has to offer.. I *will* be coming back, just not sure yet if it'll be 2010, 2011 or 2012. (If I don't attend in 2010, likely by time 2011 rolls around I'll be feeling the itch to attend pretty badly..)
User avatar
Davage
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: London Ontario

Re: Opinions of Rockin 18

Postby DJ Dizzy Darcy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Deacon Blooze wrote:This is what I have to say.... I saw 10 bands for $90 = $9 / band. I paid $2.66 / beer most of the time and $2 one other time (cheaper than ANY bar I know). What do I have to complain about? The answer .... nothing! I like that whole glass half full philosophy.


Well said, Deacon!
DJ Dizzy Darcy
User avatar
DJ Dizzy Darcy
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:07 pm

Re: Opinions of Rockin 18

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:20 pm

A friend of mine just hit Cruefest. Granted, it is a rockin show, but it is only one day. VIP was $250 and 24oz. beers were 11 bucks... She said it was a blast and ninty-nine dollars later she had a good buzz. ;)
User avatar
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:30 pm

Re: Opinions of Rockin 18

Postby serrebaby » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:39 pm

The Jam Web Guy wrote:A friend of mine just hit Cruefest. Granted, it is a rockin show, but it is only one day. VIP was $250 and 24oz. beers were 11 bucks... She said it was a blast and ninty-nine dollars later she had a good buzz. ;)


Gotta love you guys....you make it so simple for us!!!! :singin: :drummin: :rockin: :headbang:
In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.
serrebaby
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:05 am

Re: Opinions of Rockin 18

Postby The TyGuy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:28 am

Whysper wrote:
Chris wrote:
Whysper wrote:Now I know this is probably not the best place to ask this, but are RockFest and MDJ always at the same time?


Not always. It seems they are a couple years and they they are a week apart a couple years.


Thanks Chris, I may be somewhat new to MDJ but wouldn't consider dropping MDJ to attend RockFest(which I've never been to). However, this means I'll have to keep my eyes open. If they fall on different weeks, I'll definitely look at attending both. That would be a hell of a vacation. :P


Every year I attend at least 2 rock festivals. I just may be attending 3 Rock festivals next year.
Moondance Jam 28 wishlist:
PAISTY JENNY
LILLIAN AXE
ENUFF Z'NUFF
BABYLON A.D.
TYKETTO
User avatar
The TyGuy
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: Moorhead, MN

Re: Opinions of Rockin 18

Postby Whysper » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:38 pm

The TyGuy wrote:
Every year I attend at least 2 rock festivals. I just may be attending 3 Rock festivals next year.


Guess I'll have to spend some time looking for more Rock festivals to attend :shock:

I finally located the dates for next years RockFest and it's the same weekend as MDJ, so I'll have to keep looking to find more festivals for next year
Don't blame me, I'm working on rule number 14. :hippypeace:
Whysper
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:59 pm

Previous

Return to Bands at Moondance Jam Rockin' 18: July 16-18, 2009

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Recent Activity

cron