Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

A little info for a couple of first timers.

A little info for a couple of first timers.

Postby Reddog » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Greetings from Oklahoma! Li'l Mama and myself will be making our first trip MDJ this coming summer and we had a few questions. First, is anyone out there going to be camping in South Wooded...needing some party buddies. Second, is there anywhere on site for breakfast and coffee? We bought the Rockstar package so dinner is covered and I figure lunch from vendors, but was curious about breakfast. How much to rent your own porta potty? About the meet and greet drawings, once you are selected for one, can your name be drawn again for other bands or are you done once you win one? And lastly, is there ever a pick collecting group that gets together to trade? That's about it...for now. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Reddog
I woke up this mornin' and the Sun was gone. Turned on some music to start my day. I lost myself in a familiar song...I closed my eyes and I slipped away.
I will choose freewill...
Well I've never been to Heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma...
Reddog

Re: A little info for a couple of first timers.

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Greetings Reddog... I don't think you should worry about finding party buddies, so I'll let them come out of the woodwork. There is a breakfast buffet in the Lazy Moon every morning (along with a Bloody Mary bar). Renting your own porta-potty is about $120 if I remember correctly (well worth it, not sure how we did it without one). That is done privately through Port-able John (http://www.portablejohn.net/). Meet and Greets are a crapshoot because it all depends on how many the band allows (if any). Most of them are divided between VIP and Rockstar. Not 100% sure how the drawing works for Rockstar, but if you have a few bands you really want to meet, ask about it when you show up. Ask your host or hostess on the StageBox or in Billy's Backstage Bar. Most of the time, they don't find out until the day of the show and sometimes not until the band arrives. Checking in the early afternoon each day helps. There is also a drawing in VIP. It seems like there are less meet&greets every year. One tip if you are going into south wooded is that there are a lot of hills back there, so if you have an RV or camper, bring some decent blocks in case you need to level several feet. The shade there is well worth it though!
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Postby Reddog » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Thanks so much for the info! Now I just have to figure out how to speed up the calendar. 8-)
I woke up this mornin' and the Sun was gone. Turned on some music to start my day. I lost myself in a familiar song...I closed my eyes and I slipped away.
I will choose freewill...
Well I've never been to Heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma...
Reddog

Postby pink flamingo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:59 am

Here's my little bit of info for a couple of first timers... after the first time... you two will be lifers!!! :D WELCOME!!!

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫
"A touch of wicked, a pinch of risqué..." ~Halestorm ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby Susan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:16 am

You'll have no problem finding party buddies....there are hundreds if not thousands of us!!! For sure come find Camp Howler and Margaritaville...both in South Reserved...right across from each other....both with great bars and AWESOME people!!! Not sure of the site number....Lisa help me out here! :cheers:
Susan

Postby Lisa! » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:37 pm

coming out of the woodwork, huh?! Yes! You will find heaps of peeps to hang with at the Jam! Yes, Yes, Yes please be sure to find Camp Howler, Margaritaville, Camp Sassy Pants, Camp Band Camp Street-Boulevard-Road and you'll have a ton of cool Jammers to party with!!! Camp Howler is 12 sites in the SR685 neighborhood and Margarittaville is kiki-corner from us~~if you can't find them with their sign in the sky, then send up a flair!

WELCOME WELCOME! Pinkie is right, you'll love it and will wanna be back year after year!!!
"Moondance is made of memories, and memories are what bring this whole event alive." Bill Bieloh
RIP DJDizzyDarcy, I'll miss your Warm Hugs! God Bless
RIP Bill Bieloh-Thank You for Everything
RIP RichieRich, forever in CampHowler
Lisa!

Postby tlucke2006 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:33 pm

[/color]
pink flamingo wrote:Here's my little bit of info for a couple of first timers... after the first time... you two will be lifers!!! :D WELCOME!!!

Couldn't agree more Pink! Last year was my first year. I'm from Kansas so your basically my neighbor! Trust me when I say you will meet so many new friends and party buddies. Luckily I went with my best friend and MJD veteran Chris (who by the way, has very good previews and reviews of all the bands you will see this year, on this message board). So he showed me the ropes. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Camp Howler is my home at MJD. I knew before I even seen the first band play that I was going to have a great time and would be coming back. I am a "MJD Lifer" now! Stop by Camp Howler so we all can meet you!
T-Lucky
tlucke2006

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:17 pm

Troy I remember us having a conversation last year about how you were hooked and coming back before we had even saw a national band play! Can't wait for this year!
The music brought me to Moondance Jam. The people bring me back.
View my profiles of this years' bands at: viewforum.php?f=38
View profiles of past bands at: viewforum.php?f=7
Chris

Postby Lisa! » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:49 pm

Chris wrote:Troy I remember us having a conversation last year about how you were hooked and coming back before we had even saw a national band play! Can't wait for this year!

these last 2 posts make my heart smile :D
"Moondance is made of memories, and memories are what bring this whole event alive." Bill Bieloh
RIP DJDizzyDarcy, I'll miss your Warm Hugs! God Bless
RIP Bill Bieloh-Thank You for Everything
RIP RichieRich, forever in CampHowler
Lisa!

Postby petch53 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Private portables are up to $150, but still a great deal.
I'm 56 and refuse to quit.
petch53

Next

Return to New Jammer Questions