Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Lawn chair fee

Lawn chair fee

Postby Djhuge51201 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Why is there a lawn chair fee this year ??? Arn't tickets expensive enough !!!! Now we have to pay for our chair to sit in too !! Whats up with that ????
Djhuge51201

Re: Lawn chair fee

Postby Davage » Wed May 22, 2013 7:20 pm

There is a very good explanation of the lawn chair fee at this link -> http://moondanceevents.net/festivals/chair-fee.html

I've ordered my tags.
Davage

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Thu May 23, 2013 9:42 am

Djhuge51201 wrote:Why is there a lawn chair fee this year ??? Arn't tickets expensive enough !!!! Now we have to pay for our chair to sit in too !! Whats up with that ????

I think that link pretty much says it all, but my two cents is that is a modest price to pay for "saving" your spot all day, being able to still go up to the front of stage for your favorite shows and taking up more space in the concert area than 2-3 people standing (or more when not seated). Other large fests charge hundreds of dollars more to get up front and around a fifty to hundred dollars or more for lawn seating. Moondance wants to keep open festival style seating, but keep bringing in big shows like Motley Crue, Kid Rock and KISS so unfortunately perks and resources have to be covered because of limited space in the concert area.
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Postby ShermanND » Thu May 23, 2013 12:04 pm

My feelings it is small price to pay to be able to keep your chair in the same spot all day long, even though I see many empty chairs as people are wandering
around the concert area or camping grounds. At least, makes me feel better if people have a chair there all day that they paid for the right.
I think it was the right decision by Moondance.
ShermanND

Postby petch53 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Kathy deserves to make money as MDJ is a business and nobody is forcing you to buy it.
I'm 56 and refuse to quit.
petch53

Postby Davage » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:45 am

I checked with Renee a couple of days ago to see if the tags had been mailed yet, because I hadn't seen mine. Renee said that the tags should be arriving at their office this week, and they will get them in the mail to us soon.
Davage

Postby Djhuge51201 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:56 am

I do fully understand now THANKS for everyones help ! I have been coming to Moondance for many years from out of state on a very limited budget so I was just dissapointed to see that there would be more expenses this year.
Djhuge51201

Return to New Jammer Questions