Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Walking Distance from General to Concert Area

Re: Walking Distance from General to Concert Area

Postby The TyGuy » Fri May 25, 2012 11:24 am

I used to use my 52 oz mug and then hope it was empty by the time I got to the concert grounds. Hmmm...that must be what contributed to the zig zagging Doug is talking about.
Moondance Jam 28 wishlist:
PAISTY JENNY
LILLIAN AXE
ENUFF Z'NUFF
BABYLON A.D.
TYKETTO
The TyGuy

Postby Doug » Sat May 26, 2012 11:32 am

See Ty, here's my theory: You start out with a full mug and you get used to compensating for that weight to one side. As it gets close to empty, it lightens up and you can't find your balance anymore. Much like how some hockey players can't skate as well without a stick in their hand. It had nothing, NOTHING to do with the contents of that mug, but more to do with a change in the conditions that you were well adapted to. You accept?

All the pants pockets I stretched out from packing beer for a walkabout, and all the bottles I had to pound at the north gate before going in. Walking in towards the top of the hill feeling like my gut was gonna explode from the loading up, to coast awhile before buying another, to save a few $$. Mainly during my 20's, don't think I could do that now. Yes, the SOCIALIZING along the way is one of the best parts. It begins with a "hey, how's it goin'? Where are you guys from?" Five minutes later you're sitting down. They offer a beer or Jello shot or two. Then you're talking music and music history. Then you're toasting to good times with another beer, talking about work, life in general, cracking jokes. At some point you feel compelled to peel yourself out of your seat and move on because there's only several thousand other camping Jammers that might offer up the same hospitality, and you realize that 4 days could never be enough. "Stop by again!," they'd say. I'd respond with "Come over and visit, I got a beer for you too!" Most times I never made it back, just because the social life in the camps is never ending. One time I set out 45 minutes early for the saloon to make for some social allowance along the way. That 45 minutes came up, and I had made a whopping 200 feet or so of progress. Part of the magic of Moondance. It never pays to be on the watch. Just forget the rat race of the rest of the world and let the good times flow.
I like cats, I just can't eat a whole one by myself.
Doug

Postby Steven Koshenina » Sat May 26, 2012 12:45 pm

That so true :lol: i remember when i would leave my camp site in general sober and by the time i hit the concert area i was pickled :lol: :D :D gotta love moondance lol :D
MoondanceJam 4-Ever
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
Steven Koshenina

Postby The TyGuy » Sat May 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Doug wrote:See Ty, here's my theory: You start out with a full mug and you get used to compensating for that weight to one side. As it gets close to empty, it lightens up and you can't find your balance anymore. Much like how some hockey players can't skate as well without a stick in their hand. It had nothing, NOTHING to do with the contents of that mug, but more to do with a change in the conditions that you were well adapted to. You accept?

All the pants pockets I stretched out from packing beer for a walkabout, and all the bottles I had to pound at the north gate before going in. Walking in towards the top of the hill feeling like my gut was gonna explode from the loading up, to coast awhile before buying another, to save a few $$. Mainly during my 20's, don't think I could do that now. Yes, the SOCIALIZING along the way is one of the best parts. It begins with a "hey, how's it goin'? Where are you guys from?" Five minutes later you're sitting down. They offer a beer or Jello shot or two. Then you're talking music and music history. Then you're toasting to good times with another beer, talking about work, life in general, cracking jokes. At some point you feel compelled to peel yourself out of your seat and move on because there's only several thousand other camping Jammers that might offer up the same hospitality, and you realize that 4 days could never be enough. "Stop by again!," they'd say. I'd respond with "Come over and visit, I got a beer for you too!" Most times I never made it back, just because the social life in the camps is never ending. One time I set out 45 minutes early for the saloon to make for some social allowance along the way. That 45 minutes came up, and I had made a whopping 200 feet or so of progress. Part of the magic of Moondance. It never pays to be on the watch. Just forget the rat race of the rest of the world and let the good times flow.

Yes Doug I accept. The way you explained it makes total sense. The zig zagging had nothing to do with what was in my mug. It was simply that the lower my mug got, the more room for the liquid I did have in there to shlosh around - hence throwing my equilibrium off making me zig zag.

I used to have a special pair of pants I'd use that had huge pockets on them for the concerts I'd go to. I could jam quite a bit of stuff in those pockets. One time I had so much stuff in the one pocket that when I cleaned it out I found a guitar pic from Bobby Dahl of Poison. I still have no idea how that even got in there. I suppose I could have used those same pants to hold my beers for a walkabout. Never really had to worry bout that being I had my 52 oz mug.
Moondance Jam 28 wishlist:
PAISTY JENNY
LILLIAN AXE
ENUFF Z'NUFF
BABYLON A.D.
TYKETTO
The TyGuy

Postby MNVixen » Sun May 27, 2012 10:24 am

All of you from general be sure to stop for a drink and get to know you at my camp site in "C". :cheers:
MNVixen

Postby kocktail101 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:09 am

We are in north wooded ''C'' too just look for a big stuffed pink flimingo ''Guenivin'' a big green frog ''MR. RUBBIT'' AND new this year a gray and pink elephant I think we are going to call her ''ELLY''
Life is like moondance,,,you never know what will happen,,,but it will all be good
kocktail101

Previous

Return to New Jammer Questions