Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

For Richard "Richie Rich" Shaw

For Richard "Richie Rich" Shaw

Postby Lisa! » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Jammers, my heart is broken. Today I read that our friend Richie passed away on January 10, 2010. I don't have any information right now other than the funeral is on Friday, January 15th. Here is a link to the funeral home and his obituary. http://williamsfuneralhome.com/ObituaryDisplay.aspx?ID=5577 When I have more information I will pass it on. In the meantime, please include in your prayers his family, wife Lisa and his sons, Jake Kephart of Crivitz, WI, Logan, Lucas, and Riley Shaw all at home; granddaughter, Alyssa.

He was and forever will be one of my best Moondance friends and a cornerstone of Camp Howler.

RIP My Friend, we will miss you.
Last edited by Lisa! on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Moondance is made of memories, and memories are what bring this whole event alive." Bill Bieloh
RIP DJDizzyDarcy, I'll miss your Warm Hugs! God Bless
RIP Bill Bieloh-Thank You for Everything
RIP RichieRich, forever in CampHowler
Lisa!

Re: For Richard "Richie Rich" Shaw

Postby Howler » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 pm

For once, I don't know what to say. Richie was one of our best Moondance friends, central to Camp Howler, and always fun to joke around with. He was the first to offer assistance with any project, and the last to ask for help himself. HIs laughter and smile will be sorely missed around the campfire, and Moondance will never be the same for me.

To his wife, Lisa and the family: You know you can always call on us for anything you may need, no matter how large or small. You are as much a friend to us, Lisa, as Richie, and our thoughts and deepest prayers are with you now.

To my friend, Richie Rich; Peace
Howler

Postby Arangher » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:06 pm

I understand Howler...I too, do not know what to say....I just read the news on facebook...and am still in shock.

Last March Richie called me to meet him and Babe down at the Homer Bar for a drink....got to meet his family...I didnt realize until tonight that Babes name is Lisa.

My heart goes out to the Shaw family...I wish I could do something to help...What I will do is Pray for Richie and his family! God Bless
Arangher

Postby Doug » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:36 pm

Wow. Words...just read this moments ago, hard-hitting shock, haven't absorbed it yet, loss for words. Great guy, generosity and kindness second to none. His conversation, humor, pleasant demeanor. His presence, beyond any doubt, will be deeply, deeply missed.

My deepest and most sincere condolences to his wife Lisa and the entire family. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers, and I wish you all the strength in the world in getting through these difficult times. We're all here for you.

Cheers Richie. We'll miss you man.
I like cats, I just can't eat a whole one by myself.
Doug

Postby bulldog » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:19 am

I had the honor of meeting "Richie Rich" last year while he was tending bar at "Camp Howler". In those 4 short days of talking with him, he made you feel like you have known each other for years! He always had a smile for you, He made you feel so welcome. He will be missed but not forgotten. My prayers to the entire family. A familiar phrase that is used often by our "Moondance Jam Family" is "Cups Up"....Well, "Richie Rich", Here's the biggest "CUPS UP" to you my friend!

CUPS UP RICHIE RICH!
Remember, The glass is always half full........unless it's a Bulldog!
bulldog

Postby Little Hobbit » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:33 am

Richie was so warm and friendly. And fun! We chatted several times on facebook since New Year's and I'm so glad to have had contact with him recently. My heart breaks for Babe and the family. I know we are all so sad and shocked by this loss. I am glad that we will be together this weekend. This is why friends and family, including the G family, are so important. To create wonderful memories, share life's journey, and be together through the sad times. Love you Richie!!

Little Hobbit
Little Hobbit

Postby IanR » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:39 am

I don't know what to say, I'm so shocked. Rich always seemed such a healthy fun loving guy. My thoughts go out to Babe and all the Shaw family. This is the 2nd person who I know that has passed away in the last couple of days. My ex brother in law died suddenly on Friday, both guys younger than me!!!! I guess it's true when they say live life for the moment, as you don't know when that moment will end :(
You've been to the hallowed grounds, seen the festival, now read the book about it's history

https://ianroutledge.selz.com/item/53fda9f5b798720540dd9fdc
IanR

Postby tiedyemom » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:42 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to Babe and the Shaw family. I just got to know you guys this year and have fond memories of chatting and hanging out with Babe and Richie. Like others have said, he was a friendly and kind person. He will be sorely missed. I am at a loss for words.
tiedyemom

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:34 am

I can't believe that this has happened. Richie was truly the nicest guy you could meet at Moondance. Always there to talk about music or share his salsa. I am shocked. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He was so young and full of life. Richie, you will be missed.
The music brought me to Moondance Jam. The people bring me back.
View my profiles of this years' bands at: viewforum.php?f=38
View profiles of past bands at: viewforum.php?f=7
Chris

Postby pink flamingo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:39 am

I really hate this... I'm so sad... I'm angry... I don't understand... Richie just left way too soon! I'm honored to have met him and I think it is worth noting how unique our Jam Family is in that you can feel such a special bond w/people that you spent four days with one summer (for me), for others you knew him a lifetime (or so it seemed) this has to be such a shocking blow. My heart breaks for his family & friends (especially his wife & kids). I can never understand, or make sense of a loss like this; so I can only look "UP" and put my pain and faith in a higher place. May you rest in peace Richie... you are loved and you will forever be missed...

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫
"A touch of wicked, a pinch of risqué..." ~Halestorm ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Next

Return to G-Fam