Postby Chris » Fri May 29, 2015 12:19 am

Alive – The Definitive Tribute to Pearl Jam - Wednesday, July 15 at 7pm

Scott Knudson – Vocals
Brian Waterman – Drums
Paul Remillard – Guitars
Brian Hollenbeck – Bass, Vocals
Leni DiMancari – Guitars, Vocals

Bio:
Alive celebrates the music of one of Seattle’s Most influential bands of the 90’s- Pearl Jam. Recreating the musical concert experience of an artist that has sold more than 30 million records in the U.S and over 60 million records worldwide is no easy task for tribute band. Alive stays true to the original music, giving an energetic and powerful live performance of Pearl Jam’s greatest hits, top ten singles and number 1 songs. 

Currently the band is on tour with Alice in Chains Tribute Mad Alice on the ‘Return to Seattle Tour’. Jammers will get to see both bands this year on 2 different stages, with Alive opening the Main Stage Wednesday, and Mad Alice doing the MTV Unplugged concert on Thursday on the Tiki Stage to kick off Thursday Afternoon.

Song List
Corduroy

Alive

Animal

Hail Hail

Elderly Woman Behind a Counter in a Small Town

Dissident

Black

Go

Say Hello to Heaven

Daughter

Glorified G

Hunger Strike 

Jeremy

Given to Fly

Betterman

Once

Even Flow

Yellow Ledbetter

State of Love and Trust

Why Go

Did You Know?

Guitarist Leni DiMancari has played Moondance Jam many times with his former band Bad Animals.
DiMancari played the pre-jam party main stage twice with Bad Animals.
He has played on every stage at Moondance Jam.
Alive played a pair of shows in Kenora, Ontario in May.
They will be playing the KQ 92 Moondance Jam Party in Pickle Park on July 11.
The band is on the Return to Seattle Tour with Mad Alice, a tribute to Alice in Chains and Mad Season.
Mad Alice will be playing an MTV Unplugged set on the Tiki Stage on jam Thursday at 1pm.

My Take
I saw Pearl Jam in 1992 at a free show in Lawrence, KS called Day on the Hill, put on by the Student Union at Kansas University. It is still the greatest concert I have ever seen, and I have been to over 500. I consider it my Woodstock. Day on the Hill usually drew around a thousand fans on the hill by Memorial Stadium. When Pearl Jam signed, they hadn’t hit it big but by the time the concert came around they were taking off. They say over 10,000 people showed up that day and it is still talked about around Lawrence over 20 years later. They have been my favorite band ever since. I have entire tours live on CD and I have every studio album they have ever released. Unfortunately they rarely tour and they have played Kansas City only 4 or 5 times in their long career. I actually almost went to see them in San Francisco for a string of shows way back in 2006 instead of attending Moondance Jam. One day I will follow them for a week or so around the US. I never thought I would be able to hear Pearl Jam songs on the Moondance Jam Stage and that is changing this year. The fact that it is Leni DiMancari’s band Alive makes it even better. Leni is a longtime staple at Moondance Jam and is a friend I have made because of Moondance Jam. He is one of the only people (if not the only) that has played every stage at Moondance Jam. It will be one of my all-time jam moments seeing him play the songs of my favorite band on the jam stage. Scott Knudson, from Strange Daze, has taken over on vocals. Strange Daze, from Minneapolis, will be playing the Tiki Bar Stage on Jam Friday. Originally a cover band, Strange Daze released an album in November that was produced by 38 Special's Bobby Capps and 3 Doors Down's Chris Henderson. I'm excited to hear his vocals on the Pearl Jam classics. If they close with Yellow Ledbetter, as all Pearl Jam shows should, I will be a happy man. Besides this show, I also encourage all 90’s era grunge music fans to make it to the Tiki Stage on jam Thursday for Mad Alice, who will be playing Alice in Chains’ MTV Unplugged set at 1pm.

Video
Even Flow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFTtt7SKtzE
The music brought me to Moondance Jam. The people bring me back.
View my profiles of this years' bands at: viewforum.php?f=38
View profiles of past bands at: viewforum.php?f=7
Chris

Return to 2015 - Jam 24 Bands