Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

$20 lawn chair tag.....

13th Annual Moondance Jammin Country Fest
June 20-23, 2019

$20 lawn chair tag.....

Postby fixdent » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:03 am

I see there is going to be a fee of $20 to bring your lawn chair to to festival site......sorry, but I'm done with this festival.

--
Gordon
fixdent

Re: $20 lawn chair tag.....

Postby wpgkufan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:21 am

awww c'mon!....Just bring your dancin shoes.....no sittin..just dancin!!!!! ;) :D
wpgkufan

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Here is an explanation from Kathy if you haven't already e-mailed her personally: http://moondanceevents.net/festivals/chair-fee.html
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Postby Davage » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:01 pm

That is a very good explanation about the chair fee... I have absolutely no issues with a chair fee considering the amount of advanced warning that everyone is getting. When it was initially announced back in June for the July Jam, I was up in arms about it. With enough notice, I agree with Kathy's reasoning. I am planning on buying a couple of Moondance chairs next year that include the chair fee.. I plan on supporting Moondance so that it continues to be the awesome event that it is.

Thanks for keeping the Jam alive Kathy!
Davage

Postby uffda » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Initially I was against the chair fee...but, now I'm all for it. I think this will eliminate the chairs that are never used. Every year I see chairs (rows of them sometimes) that are NEVER sat in. I'm not sure who sets them up, but they take up valuable space for those of us that do sit. Some of us work during the day and thus get to the jam later in the day. It would be nice to be able to find a decent spot to find a place to park my chair. As it is, I get there during the 5 pm band and I end up sitting waaaaaaaaay in the back, because all of these non-used chairs are taking up valuable grass space. Maybe if those people have to pay extra, they won't bring them in. If you're going to dance the night away during the bands, and then go back to your campsite between gigs, leave your chair at your campsite and allow us grassy knollers a place to sit.

Okay...I'm off my soapbox. Carry on.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-HST
uffda

Postby Davage » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:09 pm

The chair fee will make sure that there is less 'waste' of the concert area, and the shower fee will make the shower lineup shorter. Awesome :)

We've all got plenty of time to save up some loose change to get ready.
Davage

Postby fixdent » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:44 am

that we realized that chair seating has become a luxury we need to charge for because 800-1000 lawn chairs take up the same amount of space as over 3000 people standing. In addition, anyone in a lawn chair can still walk around, go to the front of the stage or come in early to setup their chair and have that spot saved all night. Fans who are standing cannot save a second spot in the concert area.

Maybe you should instead have a charge to get in the 'up front and center' area. VIP seating and reserved seating is not new. But to charge EVERYONE that wants to bring in a lawn chair to me is unacceptable. I do not walk or stand up in the front area (getting too old for that).

I go to 3 or 4 festivals during the summer, and never have to pay to bring a lawn chair, but I don't pay for VIP either.

Maybe if we have to pay for lawn chairs...we should get to be upfront, and the ones standing can go to the back.

--
Gordon
fixdent

Postby uffda » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:35 pm

We bought our tickets (for Jammin' Country 2013) during Moondance 2012. We paid for the tickets and we've received them in the mail. At the time, the chair tag wasn't being sold, therefore we didn't pay for that. Now, looking at the website, it appears we have to buy our chair tag before the jam, as they won't be sold at the gate? Am I reading that correctly? And, are there only a certain number of chair tags that will be sold? I need some clarification on this. If need be, I'll run out at lunch some day and see Renee and get my chair tag...otherwise, I was just going to wait until the day of the Jam.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-HST
uffda

Postby ontario rocker » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:20 pm

I bought a moondance jam chair last year... if I use that chair I don't have to pay the fee ?
The more you live.... the less you die
Janis Joplin
ontario rocker

Postby Lisa! » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:06 pm

uffda wrote:We bought our tickets (for Jammin' Country 2013) during Moondance 2012. We paid for the tickets and we've received them in the mail. At the time, the chair tag wasn't being sold, therefore we didn't pay for that. Now, looking at the website, it appears we have to buy our chair tag before the jam, as they won't be sold at the gate? Am I reading that correctly? And, are there only a certain number of chair tags that will be sold? I need some clarification on this. If need be, I'll run out at lunch some day and see Renee and get my chair tag...otherwise, I was just going to wait until the day of the Jam.

Uffda, you find out the answer and post it, K?!
I have to get mine/ours yet. I can talk to Renee, too.

Will you be at the Looonacy?!

OR, yes, I'm sure you do.
"Moondance is made of memories, and memories are what bring this whole event alive." Bill Bieloh
RIP DJDizzyDarcy, I'll miss your Warm Hugs! God Bless
RIP Bill Bieloh-Thank You for Everything
RIP RichieRich, forever in CampHowler
Lisa!

Next

Return to Jammin Country