Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Merry Christmas Jammin Country Fans! We are ON for 2012!

13th Annual Moondance Jammin Country Fest
June 20-23, 2019

Re: Merry Christmas Jammin Country Fans! We are ON for 2012!

Postby uffda » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Okay, call me skeptical....but, national acts in the saloon?? Really?? What national act would want to play for a few hundred people? I've been in the saloon for other acts, such as ThundHerStruck, and the place gets packed and not a very good place to watch a popular band.

I hope it works out...I really do. I love Jammin' Country and really want to see it continue. But, at the same time, keep the level of quality we all have known for the past 5 years.

Let's not go from the Super Bowl of country music to flag football of country music.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-HST
uffda

Postby Daytona Jones » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Here is a band that would fit in the budget for a non headliner

They might be perty funy too !

looks like they would fit in the saloon too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXo8_5YCZvs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW8F_kWueLs

They are at the Mn. State Fair, 9-2/3-2012

Dj
The Climate Change That I am Worried About is "Global Cooling"
Daytona Jones

Postby wpgkufan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:15 pm

THAT is a GREAT idea!!!!They look they would be alotta fun!!!!!

and Locash Cowboys back again....

and maybe one national act could be...TRAVIS TRITT...
and the other ERIC CHURCH!!!!

Sounds like a good idea eh?
wpgkufan

Postby uffda » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:49 pm

The Locash Cowboys had quite the crowd last year. Not sure you'd fit them all in the saloon. And, as far as Daytona's suggestion...uh, no thanks! LOL!!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-HST
uffda

Postby Snydlee » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Lo Cash Cowboys for sure-they were awesome last Jam! I'm planning on ordering our Jammin Country tics & reclaim our last years camp sites, but it shows 3 different dates to order by on the web site-Jan 14-15-16???? weird :roll:
Snydlee

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 am

Fixed that. Sorry for any confusion.

Edit: Moondance is in the works for making some more changes to Jammin Country. The reclaim your campsite offer is going to be extended to the 30th and the main stage will be used among other things. Will post all of the changes later today and they will be going out in a Moondance News e-mail.
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Postby villageboy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:56 am

Was really happy to see the adjustments made for Jammin Country.

I'm sure it is difficult to try to get this even to the point where it is viable, but when I got the email in December about having acts play in the Saloon, I knew that was a losing proposition right from the start, unless tickets would have been really inexpensive.

I have attended every Moondance concert for the past 12 years, and I was honestly starting to enjoy the Country even more than the Rock one these past few years. This is something I would not have expected. I do not know what the various bands cost but have to imagine that a lot of folks would be fine with eliminating the very top and most expensive acts if it meant being able to keep ticket prices stable, and seeing performers that do not necessarily command top dollar any more. Some of the late afternoon and early acts in recent years were some of my very favorite acts, and while I like Zach Brown or Big n Rich, I equally enjoyed Sara Evans, Restless Heart, Collin Raye, Diamond Rio, Phil Vassar and others, who I would assume command a smaller pay day.

At any rate, based on what I had heard in December, I was not planning on even going to the event. However, if there will be 2 National Acts each night, even if they are not the caliber of closers we have seen in past years, and they will be playing on the Main Stage, I will definitely be there. I have been to all the Country Jammin shows, and know a lot of people who have also. The sentiments I am sharing here are shared by those I know who have attended this event in the past.

This was really a great move by the event organizers. I fear the previous plan for Saloon Stage only would have been a complete flop and would likely have been the end of the event as we have known it.

This should be a great change, and will hopefully allow the event to continue on and gain some steam to the point where it is a profitible endeavor.

Thanks to the event organizers for having the courage to change plans at this point. I think it will prove to be a great decision.
villageboy

Postby Davage » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:11 pm

villageboy - That was a very nicely worded post! I think that you've pretty much covered how we all feel. I have never attended a Country Jam, but I know that I feel exactly the same about the "Rock" Jam. As long as that main stage is fired up with bands playing on it, I'm attending!

I have got a good feeling that Moondance Jammin Country is going to be a success this year!
Davage

Postby wpgkufan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:29 pm

I agree.....Jammin country 2012 will be amazing!!!! I have faith!!!
wpgkufan

Postby artic_werewolf » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:50 am

I have been to the first 3 Jammin Country, missed the last two working construction on the road. I think bringing in a little attitude for this year would be great! I mean this Honky Tonk Attitude Party these guys and gal really tear up country and have fun doing it.

http://www.honkytonkattitude.webs.com/

Hell go twist a couple arms and see if Whiskey Johnson get together again for it, they rocked the saloon when they played there.

Thanks for listening to rant.

Some just call me Dad.
artic_werewolf

Previous

Return to Jammin Country