Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Merry Christmas Jammin Country Fans! We are ON for 2012!

14th Annual Moondance Jammin Country Fest
June 18-20, 2020

Merry Christmas Jammin Country Fans! We are ON for 2012!

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Mark Your Calendars, Moondance Jammin Country Fest is ON for June 22 & 23, 2012!

Thanks to all of you country jammers out there for your wonderful support of Moondance Jammin Country Fest! With the help of many of your suggestions and ideas, we will be holding Jammin Country Fest as a two day festival on June 22-23, 2012!! (With early check-in on Thurs, June 21st of course!) As of right now, we are planning to have all entertainment on the Moondance Jam Saloon Stage and will adjust stage settings if needed. We are also planning the 1st Annual Moondance Softball Tournament to be held throughout the weekend on the Moondance Fields. Tickets and Camping will go on sale January 2nd, 2012 with single day tickets starting at $50 and two day tickets at $80. We will run our “Reclaim Your Campsite” offer for you from January 2nd - January 16th so you can get the same site you had last year. Details on the softball tournament will also be available in January. We are going to have a blast again in 2012!

Edit: Main Stage will be used, "Reclaim Your Campsite" extended to Jan. 30, Free Moondance Bucks for ticket buyers through Feb. 15. See viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1214
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Re: Merry Christmas Jammin Country Fans! We are ON for 2012!

Postby uffda » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:09 pm

As excited as I am to hear this news....I do have some concerns. Does this mean we're not going to have any national acts this year?? Only regional acts?? I've watched various concerts in the saloon and it's crowded to say the least. The number of people you can cram in there is tiny in comparison to the viewing area of the main stage.
Maybe I'll get excited once I see who's being signed....but, right now I have my doubts.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-HST
uffda

Postby Davage » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Wow. This isn't quite what I had expected would happen for the Country Jam... I will echo uffda's comments about the Saloon being crowded. I have only attended the rock festival. My time spent in the Saloon has been very minimal due to how crowded it is. In all honesty, I think I've spent maybe only an hour or two total in the saloon in the 3 times that I've attended MDJ, just due to how packed it gets in the saloon.

I wish the Country Jam organizers the best of luck in trying to keep the event alive. If I lived within a 2 hour drive of Moondance, I'd attend each and every year, no matter where the bands were playing, just because I love the Moondance party.. I couldn't see myself driving 1000 miles to attend a party and see some bands in the Saloon.

Congrats to the Jammin Country folks for going back to the roots.. Best Wishes for a successful event!
Davage

Postby Robb » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:04 pm

This is a BIG joke. This is not Jammin Country Fest but more like weekend city event. No National acts on the main stage. You will have alot of angry fans. BAD DECISION. Don't call it Jammin Country.
There, after all these years attending rock (beginning with Jam 12)and country (all of them) I finally post a complaint.
Robb

Postby fixdent » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:07 am

I hope this isn't so. I don't think I'll be travelling down from Canada for this venue....

Gotta be outside, on the mainstage.

--
Gordon
fixdent

Postby KT1 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:31 pm

I know this was a tough decision for the family but also makes a tough decision for Jammers. I've always thought the people they had on at 5 and 7 o'clock could close the shows....if someone like Neal McCoy & Bomshell were headliners it would be worth the $$ and distance to me. I love this festival and want it to succeed, but have a hard time spending the money to get so much less. Also concerned about what else will be scaled back, i.e. showers, beer tents, port-a-john service, etc. Wonder if the $80 ticket price includes the camping?
KT1

Postby fixdent » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:08 am

I could even get by with not having real big names....but the saloon will not hold many people. You could sell enough tickets locally to fill that. Sorry, that's not for me. I guess I gotta head back to WEfest. I was so happy when Walker started their countryfest.
--
Gordon
fixdent

Postby Davage » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:14 am

fixdent wrote:Gotta be outside, on the mainstage.

The quote above I think is going to be the consensus.. "Outside on the main stage". Doesn't matter which bands are on the stage, just as long as they're on the main stage.

I know that even if the Rock Jam had to go back to it's roots, I'd be happy with seeing ANYBODY, as long as they are on the main stage. I wouldn't travel 1000 miles from London Ontario to go to the Saloon.

Ticket Sales will be the true test as to whether it is going to fly or not. As I've said before, I wish the Moondance people the best of luck with the Country Jam. The Moondance crew are like family to us all. I think that they will have quite an eye opener when the ticket sales numbers start to come in for the Country/Baseball weekend. I don't anticipate it being a big seller.. That doesn't stop me from hoping for the best for them though.
Davage

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Right now, the plan is to have two national acts each night headlining the Saloon Stage with regionals prior to that. If it looks like there will be too many Jammers, then things will be expanded accordingly.
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Postby sueinminnesota » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 pm

So, there will be no VIP tickets available? That is what brought us up there, in the first place.
sueinminnesota

Next

Return to Jammin Country