Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Fun Topic - Camping Tips/Tricks/Checklists

Moondance Jam 28
July 18-20, 2019

Re: Fun Topic - Camping Tips/Tricks/Checklists

Postby pink flamingo » Tue May 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Ohhhhhh... some great ideas!!! Thanks for sharing and keep adding (I love that there were even some stories in there)!!!

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫
"A touch of wicked, a pinch of risqué..." ~Halestorm ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Re: Fun Topic - Camping Tips/Tricks/Checklists

Postby Blonde » Tue May 24, 2011 7:07 pm

You guys have given great tips already so not going to duplicate any......

Always pack everything in big plastic tupperware type containers...all the camping stuff, food etc. Things stay dry.
I even pack my clothes in one container.

Rug for front door or inside tent just to keep sand, mud and stuff from rest of sleeping area.

Power strip if you have electricity. Never enough plug in spots in an extension cord. My tent has a hole just to run a cord into so I put power strip on so that you can plug computer, cell phone charger in, re-charge camera batteries etc. I know freakin computer at Jam but have to have it to do work while at Jam.

Portable radio with batteries...nice to have when weather goes bad at least you can get alerts and know what's going on.

Batteries, batteries, batteries.

Remember that town is only about 4-5 miles away so easy enough to run in and get stuff.. Hardware store caters to Jammers and has just about anything you might need...even an AMP when the "buses" sound system blows!
:lol:

Always make a big ole chicken salad which is great for a quick lunch each day and sandwhiches.

Pack light jacket or a few sweatshirts...last few years cool at night, or wait to get something at the shirt shack. Even when it is warm, after a good sunburn, a long sleeved shirt takes the chill off.
Blonde

Previous

Return to Moondance Jam