Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Your favorite experiences at Jam 19

Moondance Jam 29
July 16-18, 2020

Re: Your favorite experiences at Jam 19

Postby chellbell » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:48 pm

We had such a blast this year. We had a couple newbies with us and they are already pumped to come back next year. The weather was great. Even a little thunderstorm couldn't dampen the Jam!!!
ChellBell ;)
chellbell

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Music Main Stage:
1. Skynyrd - what a way to end a jam
2. Buckcherry - they didn't tone it down at all and I loved it
3. Sammy - what a set list!
4. Don Felder - surprise of the jam. I caught his soundcheck that morning and knew it was going to be great. Huge crowd proved people want to hear songs they know!
5. REO - I could see them every year
6. Cinderella - Tom Kiefer has his voice back!
7. Blackberry Smoke - I would love to see them in a small venue. They sounded so great.
8. Collective Soul - I wished they had played longer. They have so many hits but started late so we missed out on some of their hits.
9. Tonic - Good start to the jam.
10. Pat Benatar - Better than I thought she would be and really didn't focus much on her husband which was a plus.
11. The Smithereens - I enjoyed it but the crowd didn't show up which brought the energy down a bit.
12. Black Stone Cherry - So much energy. Their guitarist tired me out.
13. Hoobastank - I really liked their hits, wished I knew their whole set though.
14. Pat Travers - I liked the songs I knew but I was hoping for a little more.
15. Jonny Lang - First few songs were awesome. Then major slowdown. The Lie to Me over 1/2 acoustic? Why? No Still Rainin'? Why? For the City was great though.
The music brought me to Moondance Jam. The people bring me back.
View my profiles of this years' bands at: viewforum.php?f=38
View profiles of past bands at: viewforum.php?f=7
Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:49 pm

Saloon Stage:
1. Free Fallin' - As Tom Tuttle said, the best show I have seen in the saloon ever. Bring them back. They could close a night in the saloon or play the mainstage for the Pre-Jam.
2. Bad Animals - Great show again! They sound just like Heart and even look like the band without looking cheesy. I'm still pissed they didn't get to play 2 sets. I would love to see their full show at a bar.
3. The Pigzz - This was the best that Razz and the guys ever sounded at the jam. Great mix of covers and originals and watching with the G Fam is always great.
4. Chase & Ovation - I'm still kicking myself for not watching all 3 sets by these guys as I missed their middle set. I hope they make an appearance again. Their final set was awesome.
5. Mountain Ash - Great set of somewhat obscure covers that most bands don't play. Only drawback, they didn't follow "Cowboy Song" with "The Boys are Back in Town."
6. 3 Seagulls - what a great setlist they played. Also deserve 2 slots next year.

The above 6 I thought were all great. The next couple below, not so much. I'm not even going to call them 7 and 8 since it looks like they were even close the 6 above. They weren't.

Poisoned - There is a line you can't cross when trying to balance the sound with the look of the band you are paying tribute to. The Bad Animals do it perfectly. They look the part but even more they sound the part. Poisoned do not! Their stage outfits affected the sound for me. I couldn't get past the cheesy clothes and wigs. Also didn't help we have see Poison twice recently at the jam. But I still don't think I would have enjoyed it.

Arch Allies - Go back and read about Poisoned above. I actually would have enjoyed them more sitting outside the saloon and just listening because I think they sounded ok.
The music brought me to Moondance Jam. The people bring me back.
View my profiles of this years' bands at: viewforum.php?f=38
View profiles of past bands at: viewforum.php?f=7
Chris

Postby misjbj » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:22 pm

There were a few bands I loved but my biggest surprise was Hairball. I think as entertaining as the singers are, it was the guitarist that stole the show. What a entertainer! Avery funny surprise!
misjbj

Postby wes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:35 pm

"Hey, white guy!" ... decadent start to my, what was the beautiful, sunny day...Friday? ;)
wes

Postby wes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:07 pm

wait...finding that "other" swimming beach
wes

Postby wes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:10 pm

wait...hanging out with Dino. Seeing Joe and Jack and the other neighbors again. Hanging out in and cruzing the camp grounds
wes

Postby wes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Wait, wait...the music. Esp Blackberry Smoke and Buckcherry...
wes

Postby wes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Oh, hell...Favorite? I don't know, it's all good ;)
wes

Postby WenM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Of course seeing and spending time with GFam, the RTT experience and after 5 years of asking Bill, Collective Soul. We always have the best time.
You don't scare me, I live with a Macaw
CUPS UP FROM CARNIVAL CORNER
WenM

PreviousNext

Return to Moondance Jam