Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

GRAFFITI PAGE

Moondance Jam 29
July 16-18, 2020

Re: GRAFFITI PAGE

Postby DrJim » Wed May 20, 2020 10:11 pm

GnR and Disturbed pull the plug on 2020 today. RockFest loses a headliner and Fargodome another show.
DrJim

Postby Davage » Thu May 21, 2020 10:15 am

In an interview with Eddie Trunk, Bruce Kulick (Former KISS Guitarist, and current Grand Funk Railroad Guitarist) says that he doesn't know when it will be safe for him to travel and perform.

https://wesb.com/rss/former-kiss-guitar ... -pandemic/

I've resigned myself to the fact that Moondance Jam isn't going to happen this year. Social distancing just isn't going to be possible, and most bands aren't going to be on the road performing. I'm sad about the situation considering that it has been 4 years since my last Jam, but I'd rather stay alive to Jam again another day.
Davage

Postby Joshsaraahonen » Fri May 22, 2020 3:31 pm

It’s official. Postponed until next year
Joshsaraahonen

Postby HalfPast6 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:40 am

Well I think we all kinda knew it was coming and I’m happy that people have been so accepting of the refund policy. It’s funny how I find myself with such a different feeling on the same topic when it’s Kathy rather than, say, Ticketmaster. Maybe it’s because I know that Kathy does her darnedest to give us a good show at a fair price every single year. And she smiles and says hi when she sees me. Ticketmaster never does that. :)

Half Past 6 was slated to be among the Lazy Moon performers this year and I will miss that moment for sure. Many of you come out and support us when we play at Moondance and it’s great seeing you there and around the grounds throughout the weekend. We will most certainly be looking forward to 2021 and the good times to come. Until then, please stay safe and dodge the bug the best you can. And if you’re a little disappointed about missing HP6 in July, here’s a ‘semi-live’ remote recording created last week - a cover of a really nice All American Rejects song. https://youtu.be/RkAn4mVW1NU
HalfPast6

Postby dano » Tue May 26, 2020 8:52 pm

Bummage. :( . I was really liking the stars. Love to Kathy and crew for almost making it happen.
Hoping some of the same musicians make it next year. 8-)
'Sup
dano

Postby Davage » Fri May 29, 2020 8:07 pm

HalfPast6 wrote:Well I think we all kinda knew it was coming and I’m happy that people have been so accepting of the refund policy. It’s funny how I find myself with such a different feeling on the same topic when it’s Kathy rather than, say, Ticketmaster. Maybe it’s because I know that Kathy does her darnedest to give us a good show at a fair price every single year. And she smiles and says hi when she sees me. Ticketmaster never does that. :)

Hello HalfPast6 - I agree with you 100%. The true members of the Moondance family can appreciate the efforts that Kathy has done year after year to give us our most enjoyable weekend of the summer, and are willing to do what they can to help Kathy out. I have my tickets sitting here for MDJ29 and am quite OK with the refund policy. I am just trying to figure out what to do. I am kicking around the idea of sending the tickets back and getting a voucher for 2021 or 2022, simply because of the unknown of Covid-19 and our ability to get medical insurance as there may be Covid-19 exclusions... Here in Canada we have "free" health care through our taxes, but as soon as we set foot outside of our own province, we need to purchase coverage. With the unknown of when a vaccine will be available, I am looking at sending the tickets back to get the voucher and then possibly decide closer to the event whether to take that voucher and apply it towards new tickets for 2021. We bought our tickets in Sept of 2019 when they were at their lowest price, and if I were to buy tickets again in Feb of 2021 for the event there would be an additional cost due to the price of the tickets at that time. The additional cost though would be the price to pay for having the flexibility to decide later, while still helping Kathy out. I have a few weeks to decide what to do. It's been 4 years since I was last at Moondance, so I was extremely anxious to go this year.. Darn virus.

HalfPast6 wrote:Half Past was slated to be among the Lazy Moon performers this year and I will miss that moment for sure. Many of you come out and support us when we play at Moondance and it’s great seeing you there and around the grounds throughout the weekend. We will most certainly be looking forward to 2021 and the good times to come. Until then, please stay safe and dodge the bug the best you can. And if you’re a little disappointed about missing HP6 in July, here’s a ‘semi-live’ remote recording created last week - a cover of a really nice All American Rejects song. https://youtu.be/RkAn4mVW1NU

I have a Half Past 6 CD sitting on the shelf in my home office. I'll be listening to it in July of this year as I sit in my back yard sipping on a beer. I'll have to buy beer for Moondance time. The last case of beer I bought was for MDJ25 ;) (A case of beer here in Canada is $50+ - the price we pay for "free" healthcare..) I'm going to get a 6-pack or 12 pack to enjoy during Moondance weekend. (Sorry Lisa and Eric, I can't deliver any to Camp Howler this summer as I'd planned....) For the real Moondance experience, I'm going to sit back and watch this video using a projector on our fence in the back yard -> https://youtu.be/UdQ8mXi-21k : :wootrock: :wootrock: :wootrock:
Davage

Postby dano » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:26 am

Hoping Foreigner makes it to Treasure Island somewhere south of the twin cities. October 30. 8-)
'Sup
dano

Postby Davage » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:33 pm

RIP Steve Priest.... :cry: Thanks for the music!
Davage

Postby DrJim » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:38 am

Davage wrote:RIP Steve Priest.... :cry: Thanks for the music!

He was ready - RIP. One of all favorite shows at MDJ was their first appearance under the sun.
DrJim

Postby h_wimmer11 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:08 pm

We are thinking of calling Renee and getting camping for July. Any more info on what regional bands are actually playing? And are they only playing the Tiki Bar or is the Saloon going to be open with bands too? Are they playing all day or just 1 band a night? Sorry for all of the questions. :lol:
Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N. - David Wooderson :)
h_wimmer11

PreviousNext

Return to Moondance Jam