Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

GRAFFITI PAGE

Moondance Jam 29
July 16-18, 2020

Re: GRAFFITI PAGE

Postby Davage » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:12 pm

Pearl Jam have postponed their North American tour due to Covid-19 concerns... This whole Corona / Covid-19 virus is really starting to get out of hand when it affects rock and roll!

At Moondance Jam this summer, if anybody says "Hey, can I try a sip of your drink?", the answer will be "NO!" :starwars:
Davage

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:03 pm

Hopefully we'll have some announcements soon. Yeah, the C word is in full effect in the news right now, but we should hold our fire right to see where the peak is and if it dies down. No need to get into the dumps about something we are not sure about and how it will spread in America. Not saying that things won't change, but we're not stopping now and are hoping our little utopia will consist of us rockin' out to a bunch of bands in July. :devdoghair:
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Postby Reddog » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:22 am

The Jam Web Guy wrote:Hopefully we'll have some announcements soon. Yeah, the C word is in full effect in the news right now, but we should hold our fire right to see where the peak is and if it dies down. No need to get into the dumps about something we are not sure about and how it will spread in America. Not saying that things won't change, but we're not stopping now and are hoping our little utopia will consist of us rockin' out to a bunch of bands in July. :devdoghair:

Ok, let's see...

C word, Utopia = Paradise...Coldplay
Hold your fire...Firehouse
Not stopping now...Starship
America...American Band...Grand Funk
Utopia/Paradise...Tesla or Styx
I woke up this mornin' and the Sun was gone. Turned on some music to start my day. I lost myself in a familiar song...I closed my eyes and I slipped away.
I will choose freewill...
Well I've never been to Heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma...
Reddog

Postby h_wimmer11 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:41 pm

The Jam Web Guy wrote:Hopefully we'll have some announcements soon. Yeah, the C word is in full effect in the news right now, but we should hold our fire right to see where the peak is and if it dies down. No need to get into the dumps about something we are not sure about and how it will spread in America. Not saying that things won't change, but we're not stopping now and are hoping our little utopia will consist of us rockin' out to a bunch of bands in July. :devdoghair:

Rob Zombie? After reading your post, I got the song “Never Gonna Stop” stuck in my head. I though maybe it a sign. :lol:
Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N. - David Wooderson :)
h_wimmer11

Postby DrJim » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:59 pm

I see Alice postponed his spring tour. Industry in flux right now for sure.
DrJim

Postby Davage » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:57 pm

Hello Jammers!

I hope that everyone is doing well and avoiding the Covid-19 virus. Things sure have changed a lot in the past 72 hours.

The border between Canada and the USA is closed to non-essential (tourist) traffic.

All of this virus nonsense must be making it extremely tough for Moondance to book bands. A lot of the bands I'm sure are taking a wait-and-see approach to any future bookings. We bought our tickets back in Sept before any bands were announced. As much as we'd love to see some big named bands, we will be happy with whatever performers are smart enough to book themselves at Moondance Jam! As long as there is loud music, cold beer and good food, we will be there.

If everybody does their part to stop the spread of this virus, it could be wiped out here in North America I suppose within a month to 6 weeks.

Our family is in self isolation, just to protect our health. I am fortunate enough to have a job where I have for the past 15 years worked from my home office. We stocked up on food, and we are doing all we can to stop the spread of the virus in our area by staying at home.

Stay safe everyone! Keep healthy and virus free!
Davage

Postby IanR » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:46 am

Davage wrote:
If everybody does their part to stop the spread of this virus, it could be wiped out here in North America I suppose within a month to 6 weeks.

I admire your optimism mate. Our chief medical advisor for the UK has stated the science says its peak will be in another 6 - 10 week, and it'll be hanging around for a few months after that. Glastonbury has been cancelled, a local festival has been postponed from May to the last weekend in August. I live in almost semi isolation anyway, so this is no different for me.
You've been to the hallowed grounds, seen the festival, now read the book about it's history

https://ianroutledge.selz.com/item/53fda9f5b798720540dd9fdc
IanR

Postby bartsimpson650 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:15 am

I also appreciate your optimism Davage but I think Ian has a far more realistic view. I personally dont think there will be any festivals this summer. I think everything will be pushed back a year. I also dont think any NHL, MLB, NBA or CFL will happen this summer. NFL may start on time. I know i posted previously that I didnt think this virus would have an effect on Moondancejam but I am so WRONG. I hope Davage is right and I will be happy to be wrong.
bartsimpson650

Postby Davage » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:47 pm

bartsimpson650 wrote:I also appreciate your optimism Davage but I think Ian has a far more realistic view. I personally dont think there will be any festivals this summer. I think everything will be pushed back a year. I also dont think any NHL, MLB, NBA or CFL will happen this summer. NFL may start on time. I know i posted previously that I didnt think this virus would have an effect on Moondancejam but I am so WRONG. I hope Davage is right and I will be happy to be wrong.

I'm just holding out hope, that's all. It has been 4 long years since we've been to Moondance Jam. A lot of different scenarios have gone through my mind. What if the Jam gets postponed, what if the Jam gets cancelled, what if the Jam goes on, but no headliners.. All kinds of things to think about while sitting here at home in self isolation, trying to avoid the virus. We could handle postponing to August and still attend, but we could not go in September or October as the kids will be back in school (we hope!). All we can do is wait and see what the future brings.
Davage

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm

Reddog wrote:

Ok, let's see...

C word, Utopia = Paradise...Coldplay
Hold your fire...Firehouse
Not stopping now...Starship
America...American Band...Grand Funk
Utopia/Paradise...Tesla or Styx

:trophy: Grand Funk trophy. Congrats Reddog.

I'll keep the Utopia trophy for Rundgren :)
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Moondance Jam