Please keep the format at 4 days
77%
I would still be happy if it were just 3 days
23%

Total votes : 64

Re: Send your message and support to Bill & Kathy

Postby pink flamingo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Well said DJDD... I "ditto" that! :D

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫
"A touch of wicked, a pinch of risqué..." ~Halestorm ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby Lisa! » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:31 pm

fo schizzle I ditto
"Moondance is made of memories, and memories are what bring this whole event alive." Bill Bieloh
RIP DJDizzyDarcy, I'll miss your Warm Hugs! God Bless
RIP Bill Bieloh-Thank You for Everything
RIP RichieRich, forever in CampHowler
Lisa!

Postby Doug » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:40 pm

I too ditto Darcy's comment. This is my 16th. Jam. Some years I wonder when I will tire of it, get bored, etc. My desire to come back year after year has never faded a bit. It's so well run, and the people that attend are amazing. I could go to some small town bar on a given Saturday night in these parts, 20 people in the whole place, and sure enough there's a brawl at the end of the night. There's an upbeat, fun-loving air to the Jam that keeps even some of the normally crabby drunks in-check. Everyone gets along. Sure, there's the occasional bad apple that can ruin even an ice cream social, but for the most part, to get 20,000+ people in a pasture in northern MN, drinking and free, and getting along this well, is an amazing feat. That's part of the magic. Strong or weak lineup, whatever opinions come across, the event itself is something amazing and unique.

Cheers!
Doug

'i beet up yor honur studint'
I like cats, I just can't eat a whole one by myself.
Doug

Postby DJ Dizzy Darcy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:13 pm

I just have to comment further on my post because I know Bill, Kathy, plus employees read it and because it's getting so close to the special event . . . So here it goes!
I love music. I love all types of music. It doesn't matter to me if I've seen a band 50 times or have never seen them at all, I'll go and watch and listen. For the price we pay for camping and listening to 20 plus bands . . . pick and choose who we want to go see. You can't match it anywhere else. I've gone and seen in the past AC/DC, KISS, Eagles, etc. and paid over $100 per show. Think about what we spend at MD. If you go to any state park and camp, think about the price you would pay.
Then, the camping experience tops it all off. The employees are always smiling and are kind & respectful to you. The campsite is very clean (having trash picked up every day is wonderful). My advise to others . . .chat with the water truck and port-a-potty workers ~ and thank them. Chat with the concert workers and thank them. Chat with the "gate keepers". Chat with the Maui shower workers and thank them. If you see Bill & Kathy wandering around the campsites (which the often do), thank them. To pull together this big of an event with this many people and hardly have any huge problems at all is an amazing feat. It must be the "Minnesota nice" :)
Finally, the people. You can go by any campsite and talk to anyone who is camping and strike up a conversation. Everyone is so welcoming and inviting. That's what I also look forward to. Not only that we have the neatest and coolest neighbors :D . . . you can go anywhere and just sit down and visit. How fun is that!
Enough said. Can you tell that I'm excited for my days at MD JAM! I look forward to it every year. See you soon!
DJ Dizzy Darcy
DJ Dizzy Darcy

Postby Ringo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:04 am

support? really? I cannot do it...sorry
Ringo

Postby nico6914 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:30 am

i have been coming since 1995 and next year lets rock with artists that have never been there before.heres a few suggestions, van halen,kiss,john mellencamp,rush,aerosmith,motly crue,and a minneapolis band that really wants to be there called g.b.leighton. this band travels all over and has there own crowd that follows them everywhere.they would come to the jam just to see them lets have them next year,i know you will get aother couple hundred extra jammers just for them. thank you for all the good times i have had.i will see you next year. nick hill ,hibbing mn. nico6914@hotmail.com.
nico6914

Postby Whysper » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 am

With three Jams under my belt, I can truthfully say I am a now a Jammer veteran. Bill and Kathy, thanks so much for everything you do and for making this an oasis in my life. I would really only have one request. Open the campgrounds earlier. Even if you have to charge more for extra days of camping, many of us would be willing, nay eager to show up early and get our campsites set up and prepared for the big party.

Thanks again. :D
Don't blame me, I'm working on rule number 14. :hippypeace:
Whysper

Previous

Return to Moondance Jam