Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Moondance Jam - down to 4 bands per day

Moondance Jam 28
July 18-20, 2019

Moondance Jam - down to 4 bands per day

Postby dstall63 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:55 am

I haven't went in a few years because it is a long trip for us but we are going in 2019!!!! When did they start doing only 4 bands per day? Last time we went it was 5 bands per day at 3p, 5p, 7p, 9p & 11p. 2019 line-up looks good.
dstall63

Re: Moondance Jam - down to 4 bands per day

Postby HalfPast6 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:47 pm

This is a new change for 2019. There were a few reasons offered, but I think it came down to a desire to maintain ticket prices and the acknowledgement that many of the 3:00 shows were not well-attended. The big plus out of the change is that the Saloon Stage closer will get a longer set. Those shows were often kinda short due to noise ordinances (aka closing time).
HalfPast6

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Tue May 14, 2019 9:05 am

Also, we have had several closing bands complain about going on so late. This has been going on for a while, but more so recently. The first time I recall it actually being an issue way back when the Moody Blues played in 2007. They needed to be listed as a headliner, but wouldn't go on at 11, so Rick Springfield closed that year. However, all of our schedules had the 9 listed above 11. Since then we have had a several other closers want to go on earlier than 11, but we've been able to talk them out of it. Also, if we get any bad weather and shows get delayed, that can force us to cut out a band in order for a closer to get their show in before the 1 am noise ordinance cuts them out. This new time schedule gives us a lot more flexibility when weather, technical or other issues come up.

Plus we really needed to get the times for both of our festivals lined up with each other just for the sanity of the backstage crew. For many of them, they do this two weekends out of the year and country is a dry run for rock because it's usually less hectic back stage. But with the times all off by an hour it made the scheduling completely different so in a lot of ways it was like running a completely different backstage area.
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Postby gopherboy6 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:35 am

I was a little upset at first, I love the 3 shows! I do understand it though and the fact that the Saloon closers can play longer is great. Can't wait for Def, Arena, Legacy and Dare Force to knock our socks off!
Moondance Jam...the best 4, make that 7 days of my year!
gopherboy6

Return to Moondance Jam