Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Gregg Allman/Allman Brothers

Moondance Jam 28
July 18-20, 2019

Gregg Allman/Allman Brothers

Postby Steve » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:33 pm

The last few years have been hard for music fans. We have lost some legends. The hardest for me was on May 27 when Gregg Allman died. We also lost Butch earlier this year. As I assume is the case for most people, my list of “favorite” musicians constantly changes from time to time as I discover new musicians and bands and rediscover old favorites. However, one constant in my favorite list, usually at or near the top, has been the Allman Brothers and Gregg Allman. Their music really touched my soul. I was so fortunate to see the Allman Brothers and Gregg live a few times, including once at Moondance. I can listen to their music over and over without it ever getting old. Gregg put more heart and soul into singing than anyone I have ever seen. It is hard to believe we will never have the great joy of seeing Gregg play live again.

Margaritaville is going to celebrate Gregg and the Allman Brothers this year at Moondance. Stop by on Friday if you want to hear some good Gregg/Allman Brothers tunes. I would especially like to talk to you if you want to share stories about your favorite songs and memories.
Steve

Re: Gregg Allman/Allman Brothers

Postby Forever Rockin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:13 pm

The music of the Allman's and tequila Friday you say? Steve, you can definitely count on seeing plenty of Jerome and myself on that day. Great planning I must say.
Time and place are everything.
Forever Rockin

Re: Gregg Allman/Allman Brothers

Postby Lisa! » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Sounds like an awesome day at Moondance, Steve! You know we'll be there, back n forth, probably a lot! :)
"Moondance is made of memories, and memories are what bring this whole event alive." Bill Bieloh
RIP DJDizzyDarcy, I'll miss your Warm Hugs! God Bless
RIP Bill Bieloh-Thank You for Everything
RIP RichieRich, forever in CampHowler
Lisa!

Return to Moondance Jam