Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Tequila Tasting Event

Moondance Jam 28
July 18-20, 2019

Re: Tequila Tasting Event

Postby dinoboy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:50 am

The Gila Tequila. Wes and I will be bringing will be Añejo.

Barrel-aged for over one year, #GILA #Añejo is the perfect #tequila to sip over ice. Get your bottle today at any Duty Free Americas or UETA store!
dinoboy

Postby wes » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:05 pm

7/24 = National Tequila Day! Really, I heard it on the radio! Confirmation via the internet... :? :roll: :roll: :roll: !!

Steve and the crew from Margaritaville...Thank you for hosting the tequila tasting again this year! Appreciate the friendship and opportunity to sample so many different tequilas. Two of my top 3 scores made the taste off, BTW!

Lisa, the fruit was cut just right...good job!
wes

Postby Lisa! » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Thanks a heap Steve, Whysper, Frase, and all who brought tequila and great attitudes to the tasting. I didn't partake but watched, and then tasted the top 3. Yumm. Such a great event.............. look forward to next year already!
"Moondance is made of memories, and memories are what bring this whole event alive." Bill Bieloh
RIP DJDizzyDarcy, I'll miss your Warm Hugs! God Bless
RIP Bill Bieloh-Thank You for Everything
RIP RichieRich, forever in CampHowler
Lisa!

Postby Steve » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:24 pm

I case anyone is wondering, the winning tequila this year was ADICTIVO TEQUILA AÑEJO (brought by Frase). I am not sure how to post a picture, but here is a link: http://www.oldtowntequila.com/adictivo-tequila-a-ejo.

This was some of the best tequila I have ever tasted. I highly recommend you give it a try.
Steve

Postby Steve » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:38 pm

As our Jammer friends head to Mexico this winter, make sure you pick up some Tequila for next year's event. It will be hard to beat last year's entry from Frase but we are going to try.
Steve

Postby Whysper » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Here we go again! I'm gonna jump right out there and do that * you me thing and figure that This year's event will be Friday at noonish.
Don't blame me, I'm working on rule number 14. :hippypeace:
Whysper

Postby Lisa! » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Yes! And please allow me to chop and bring all the fruits I choose to bring.

:)

80DAS!
"Moondance is made of memories, and memories are what bring this whole event alive." Bill Bieloh
RIP DJDizzyDarcy, I'll miss your Warm Hugs! God Bless
RIP Bill Bieloh-Thank You for Everything
RIP RichieRich, forever in CampHowler
Lisa!

Postby Whysper » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:21 pm

You're the best fruit bringer ever
Don't blame me, I'm working on rule number 14. :hippypeace:
Whysper

Postby Steve » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:45 am

The Tequila Tasting Event will be at Margaritaville (South reserved) on Friday at noonish (just like the last several years). Stop on by if you want to sample some really good tequila. Even if you generally do not like tequila, I urge you to stop by and try a few. There is a huge difference between good tequila and the types of tequila usually served in bars. Good tequila is smooth and has an amazing taste. No need to wash it down with salt, lemons or other things. I bet you will be pleasantly surprised if you try a few. We have even turned Lisa Heap into a bit of a tequila drinker.

We do very small shots. The goal is not to get hammered. Rather, the goal is to enjoy small sips of several different types of great tequila.
We encourage people to bring a bottle for us to sample, but that is certainly not required to participate. If you do bring a bottle, please bring an Anejo (the best type for sipping)

Below is a list of what I know will be available so far. There will be many more. I think we had close to 20 types last year.

If you are going to bring a bottle, please let me know the type so I can add it to the list and we can hopefully prevent having too many duplicates. I would like to have a complete list so I can prepare sheets for everyone to keep track of their favorites so that we can vote on a winner.

4 Copas Organic Anejo Tequila
Grand Mayan Reserva Extra Anejo Tequila
Loma Azul Anejo Tequila
Insolente Tequila Extra Anejo
Don Nacho Anejo Tequila
Steve

Postby Steve » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Here is the updated list. More to be added later. Let me know if I am missing any that you are going to bring.

4 Copas Organic Anejo Tequila
Grand Mayan Reserva Extra Anejo Tequila
Loma Azul Anejo Tequila
Insolente Tequila Extra Anejo
Don Nacho Anejo Tequila
Adictivo Tequila Añejo
Corralejo Aanejo
El Macho Anejo
Espolon Anejo Tequila
Amor Mio Extra Anejo
Don Pilar Extra Anejo
El Paseillo Charro Anejo