Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

The Last MDJ!

Moondance Jam 28
July 18-20, 2019

The Last MDJ!

Postby The Jam Man » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:24 pm

So I was at Jammin Country and they were not selling the Friends of Moondance or MDJ tickets for 2012! I have been buying my tickets for the past couple years at the Jam right away, just to have them and get my free T-Shirt! Does anybody know what's going on with this? Why aren't they selling for next year? Is the big 20th Anniversary the final MDJ!!!!!????
Love, reign o'er me!
The Jam Man

Re: The Last MDJ!

Postby Lisa! » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Mr Jam Man! You need to read this and smile! :D :D :D http://www.moondanceevents.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1078
"Moondance is made of memories, and memories are what bring this whole event alive." Bill Bieloh
RIP DJDizzyDarcy, I'll miss your Warm Hugs! God Bless
RIP Bill Bieloh-Thank You for Everything
RIP RichieRich, forever in CampHowler
Lisa!

Postby Herschel » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:29 am

It is a little odd. Moondance got its butt handed to it in a couple of ways but rallied to still get a decent lineup. Rockfest has more music, starting earlier and an extra day, for only $7 more at the gate and a stronger lineup overall. They're also in a more advantageous location (proximity to the Cities) and I'm sure geared everything up a notch this year seeing Moondance in a possible transition phase.

With Halfway Jam the next weekend siphoning off a couple more potential bands it really raises an interesting situation. Instead of one really good festival there are three watered down ones. We end up with the Belfast Cowboys and Thundherstruck on the main stage Friday and Saturday.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out, that's for sure.
Herschel

Postby Herschel » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:48 am

I definitely will, and I still prefer MDJ but I'll be curious to see attendance numbers, especially to see if Halfway Jam grows or shrinks.

Plus I'm still in the office today and tomorrow and my mind is so not on corporate compliance measures. :lol:
Herschel

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:27 pm

We stopped selling single day G.A. passes for Friday. That has never come close to happening. Reserved camping sold out a month earlier than ever before. I was just down there today setting up the camper and one of the security guys mentioned that he's never seen so much activity two days before the Jam. I think it is safe to say that you will see a just a few people at the Jam :shock: :)
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Return to Moondance Jam