Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Joan Jett Cancels ?

Moondance Jam 28
July 18-20, 2019

Joan Jett Cancels ?

Postby Robb » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:48 pm

I was at Jammin Country's pre party/friends of Moondance and all of the stuff we got had Joan Jett BLACKED out. Even the shirts we got for" Friends of Moondance". So I am afraid she has cancelled her show!!!
Robb

Re: Joan Jett Cancels ?

Postby IanR » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:59 pm

She hasn't cancelled Robb, see my post here -

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42&start=14476
You've been to the hallowed grounds, seen the festival, now read the book about it's history

https://ianroutledge.selz.com/item/53fda9f5b798720540dd9fdc
IanR

Postby Robb » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Ian, I believe her name is on the shirts sold at the shirt shack. She was blacked out on everything we got at the Friends of Moondance. Shirt and drinking cup. I don't know. But if Jack say's she is still a go then she must be.
Robb

Postby Snydlee » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:26 am

Well Here I am....back from Jammin country. Went to the Friends of the Moondance Party Wednesday and saw the "blacked out Joan Jet" name. Asked the rigtht people and they said they had spent the better part of Tuesday/Wed AM blacking out her name because it is a "trade mark" of hers and would have to be compensated for using it if it remained on the items (shirts/mugs/etc). She did NOT cancel.
Thanks for the great Friends of the Moondance Party!!! Great food and drinks-Wow! It was nice to see how many "friends" there are!! Got to meet Blonde and her daughter-very cool peeps!!
Snydlee

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Yeah, that blackout thing caused a little nervous tension, but no worries - as was said above it is just a trademark thing similar to Skynyrd at Jam 15.
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Postby pink flamingo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Snydlee wrote:Well Here I am....back from Jammin country. Went to the Friends of the Moondance Party Wednesday and saw the "blacked out Joan Jet" name. Asked the rigtht people and they said they had spent the better part of Tuesday/Wed AM blacking out her name because it is a "trade mark" of hers and would have to be compensated for using it if it remained on the items (shirts/mugs/etc). She did NOT cancel.
Thanks for the great Friends of the Moondance Party!!! Great food and drinks-Wow! It was nice to see how many "friends" there are!! Got to meet Blonde and her daughter-very cool peeps!!

I am SO JEALOUS of those of you who are FRIENDS OF MOONDANCE... sure wish I could swing going to both Jams!!!

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫
"A touch of wicked, a pinch of risqué..." ~Halestorm ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby IanR » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:46 pm

The Jam Web Guy wrote:Yeah, that blackout thing caused a little nervous tension, but no worries - as was said above it is just a trademark thing similar to Skynyrd at Jam 15.

Woo Hoo, for once I was right :lol:
You've been to the hallowed grounds, seen the festival, now read the book about it's history

https://ianroutledge.selz.com/item/53fda9f5b798720540dd9fdc
IanR

Postby pink flamingo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 pm

The Jam Web Guy wrote:Yeah, that blackout thing caused a little nervous tension, but no worries - as was said above it is just a trademark thing similar to Skynyrd at Jam 15.

JWG, do you know if ALL the merchandise will be blacked out, or was some of the stuff ordered late enough to have missed out on this atrocity? I do feel bad for the people who had to sit there with black markers and cross everything off (like they didn't have more important things to take care of) and, unfortunately, I do think this does darken the image of the Joan Jett "camp"...

"From the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends, we barely get by, but have the best times, and hope it never ends..." ~Nickelback ♫
"A touch of wicked, a pinch of risqué..." ~Halestorm ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬ ♪ ♩♫ ♬

ImageImage
pink flamingo

Postby uffda » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:31 pm

The Koozies do NOT have her name on them. They have everyone else....not hers though. Jammin' Country on one side and Moondance Jam on the other.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-HST
uffda

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:41 am

pink flamingo wrote:

JWG, do you know if ALL the merchandise will be blacked out, or was some of the stuff ordered late enough to have missed out on this atrocity? I do feel bad for the people who had to sit there with black markers and cross everything off (like they didn't have more important things to take care of) and, unfortunately, I do think this does darken the image of the Joan Jett "camp"...

I'm not positive, but I think that they are alright with most of the stuff.
The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Return to Moondance Jam