The Bad Animals

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:15 am

The Bad Animals – Friday, July 17 at 6:15 and 8:15pm in the Saloon
Bobby Sue Jones – Vocals
Joelle Negard – Guitars and Vocals
Leni DiMancari – Guitar, Keys, and Vocals
Aaron Carlson – Bass and Vocals
Tim Davis – Drums

The Bad Animals have been touring since the fall of 2003 paying tribute to the music of Heart. On stage, Joelle Negard takes on the guitars and vocals of Nancy Wilson while newcomer Bobby Sue Jones plays the part of Ann Wilson. Joining the band will be Leni DiMancari on Guitars and Keyboards as well as two more new members, bassist Aaron Carlson and drummer Tim Davis. The members of the band have been members of various bands that have played the Minneapolis club circuit. The band will spend all summer touring Minnesota as well as a few dates in Wisconsis and North Dakota playing at local festivals and clubs on their Wild Angels tour. They will be making their 3rd straight appearance at Moondance Jam. They played a couple of early slots in the Saloon their first year and closed the saloon on Friday at Jam 17. This year they will be playing the 6:15 and 8:15pm slots on the Saloon Stage on "Rock" Friday of the jam.

Song List
WILD CHILD
WHO WILL U RUN 2
STRAIGHT ON
EVEN IT UP
NEVER
IF LOOKS COULD KILL
HEARTLESS
WILL U BE THERE
BEBE LE STRANGE
SECRET
DOG & BUTTERFLY
HOW CAN I REFUSE
MAGIC MAN
BARRACUDA
LITTLE QUEEN
LOVE ALIVE
WHOLE LOTTA LOVE
WHAT ABOUT LOVE
CRAZY ON YOU
NOTHING AT ALL
ALONE
BLACK ON BLACK II

My Take
I really enjoy Heart so I have made it a point to catch The Bad Animals' shows the last couple of yars. I have always been very impressed with their performance as they not only play the music of Heart very well but also look the part as well. This is their 3rd year at the jam. I remember seeing them very early in the day their first year andast year they were able to close one day in the saloon and did a great job. While they are not closing a night this year they are playing on Friday, which will be a great day for fans of late 70's and 80's rock. I was able to meet a few of the band members after their set their first year and they were very nice and appreciative of being able to play the jam. The band will be breaking in three newcomers this year at the jam so it should be interesting to see the new lineup that will be joining original member Negard and DiMancari. With Heart playing the jam in 2006 and The Bad Animals for the third year this will be the fourth straight year fans of Heart will be able to hear their music at Moondance Jam. With the trend of tribute bands playing the early slot on main stage, I think a main stage performance is a possibility for them in the future.

Did You Know?
The Bad Animals will be making their 3rd straight appearance at Moondance Jam.
In 2007, the band played Moondance Jam, Halfway Jam, the Joe Town Festival, and Riverfest.
This summer they will also be playing at Rock the Park and Lumberjack Days.
The band was nominated by the Minnesota Music Academy as Best Tribute Band and Best Cover Band for the Minnesota Music Awards.
The band is one of less than a dozen Heart tribute bands in the US.
Their current tour is called “2009 Wild Angels Tour."
The band played in 50 cities to over 50,000 people on their “Nine Lives Tour 2007.”
The music brought me to Moondance Jam. The people bring me back.
View my profiles of this years' bands at: viewforum.php?f=38
View profiles of past bands at: viewforum.php?f=7
Chris

Return to 2009 - Rockin' 18 Bands