Mike Rowe - Piano
Jeremy Stacy - Drums
John Button - Bass
Peter Stroud - Guitar
Tim Smith - Guitar, Bass
Wally Ingram - Percussion
Stephanie Alexander - Vocals
Nayanna Holley - Vocals

Sheryl Crow hails from the small town of Kennett in the boot heal of Missouri. After an impressive high school career both academically and athletically, Sheryl attended the University of Missouri-Columbia where she received a degree in music. She then taught music at an elementary school near St. Louis and began playing with area bands. Success with recording jingles for commercials led her to LA where she was able to land a back-up vocalist spot on Michael Jackson’s Bad Tour in 1987. After this she became a session vocalist and songwriter for a variety of rock artists. After several unsuccessful starts to a solo career, Sheryl began collaborating with a group of musicians known as the “Tuesday Music Club.” Out of this came her debut album in 1994, Tuesday Night Music Club. The album was slow to catch on but the third single “All I Wanna Do” would help propel the album to #3 on the charts, three Grammy awards, and over 7 million in sales. The album would also contain the hits “Leaving Las Vegas,” “Strong Enough,” and “Can’t Cry Anymore.” The album would be the first of five straight platinum studio releases for her. The success of the album would also lead to a coveted performance at Woodstock ’94 and a lot of exposure for Crow. However, Sheryl had a falling out with other members of the “Tuesday Music Club” and cut ties with them after the album's success. Crow would not suffer a sophomore slump on her second album, 1996’s triple platinum self-titled album that produced the hits “If It Makes You Happy” and “Every Day is a Winding Road” and two more Grammy awards. Her third release, The Globe Sessions, contained just one Billboard hit, “My Favorite Mistake,” but still collected two more Grammy awards in 1998. Besides successful solo albums, Crow also has experienced success on movie soundtracks, even gaining another Grammy for her cover of Guns N’ Roses “Sweet Child O’ Mine” for the Big Daddy soundtrack in 1999. Because her music appeals to many genres of music, Crow has been able to collaborate with a wide range of musicians during her career. Her live album Sheryl Crow and Friends: Live from Central Park is a great example of her diversity as she performs with Eric Clapton, The Dixie Chicks, Stevie Nicks and others for what became a gold album that generated yet another Grammy with the song “There Goes the Neighborhood.” She would take some time before returning to the music scene, first with another hit single, the duet “Picture” with Kid Rock, and then in 2002 with the album C’mon C’mon. The album earned Crow two more hits, “Soak Up the Sun” and “Steve McQueen,” the latter of which earned her yet another Grammy award. A greatest hits package was next in 2003. Also on the album was a new cover of Cat Stevens’ “The First Cut is the Deepest,” which went #1 on three Billboard charts and #14 on the Billboard Hot 100. The Very Best of Sheryl Crow has sold over 4 million copies since its release. 2005’s Wildflower album failed to reach sales of her previous albums and contained no major hits but still earned Crow two more Grammy nominations. Crow’s latest album, Detours, was released in 2008 and earned Crow yet another Grammy nomination.

Past Moondance Jam Performances
This will be Sheryl Crow’s first appearance and Moondance Jam

My Take
I have always admired Sheryl Crow since she exploded onto the music scene since she is a fellow Missourian and because she sounds great live. The first time I remember hearing her live was at Woodstock ’94. Since that was the summer I got married and money was not available for me to actually attend, I paid around $50 for the pay-per-view telecast and watched it all weekend. I did the same again for Woodstock ’99. I thought her performances were among the best at both festivals. She has had so many hits and Grammy awards I feel she is one of the biggest names to ever grace the Moondance Jam stage. After hearing of her signing I bought her greatest hits album and DVR’d two different live shows, her C’mon C’mon live DVD release and her Soundstage performance. I have also checked out many youtube videos (see below). I have been so impressed with her live sound that I even picked up her Live at Central Park album. I have yet to hear a bad performance from her and now I have become a full-fledged Sheryl Crow fan. My favorite songs for her to sing live are “Steve McQueen” and “The Difficult Kind.” If anyone is worried she will be somewhat mellow because of her studio sound, trust me she brings something extra to her live show and will put on a show to remember at this year’s jam. She played well-received sets opening night sets at both Woodstock ’94 and ’99, and will do the same at Moondance Jam Rockin’ 18. We are lucky to have her. I have also been impressed with how many collaborations she has done over the years with a wide variety of artists, from Sting to Don Henley to the Dixie Chicks to Kid Rock, just to name a few. With 9 Grammy awards and 3 AMA awards, she is one of the most lauded performers in Moondance Jam history. I am looking forward to her set on the first official day of the jam, which I assume will be the 9 or 11pm slot. Ideally, I would like to see her at 9pm and Kid Rock at 11pm. This would allow us the treat of them performing their hit duet “Picture” together. That would be a night to remember.

Grammy Awards
1994 Best New Artist
1994 Best Pop Female Vocalist for “All I Wanna Do”
1994 Record of the Year for “All I Wanna Do”
1996 Best Rock Album for Sheryl Crow
1996 Rock Female Vocalist for “If It Makes You Happy”
1998 Best Rock Album for The Globe Sessions
1999 Rock Female Vocalist for “Sweet Child O’ Mine”
2000 Rock Female Vocalist for “There Goes the Neighborhood”
2002 Rock Female Vocalist for “Steve McQueen”

Billboard Hot 100 Hits
1994 All I Wanna Do #2
1994 Leaving Las Vegas #60
1994 Strong Enough #4
1995 Can’t Cry Anymore #36
1996 If It Makes You Happy #10
1997 Everyday Is a Winding Road #11
1998 My Favorite Mistake #20
1999 Anything But Down #49
2002 Soak Up the Sun #17
2002 Steve McQueen #88
2004 The First Cut is the Deepest #14
2005 Good is Good #64
2006 Always on Your Side #33
2008 Love is Free #77

Videos to Check Out
“Steve McQueen” live from Farm Aid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RiuN1kxEk0
“The Difficult Time” live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzI1wT4V ... 0D&index=2
“My Favorite Mistake” live with Clapton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYL1ZTS ... re=related
“If It Makes You Happy” live at Woodstock ’99: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEaNE7ShRNc
“Love is Free” video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYL1ZTS ... re=related
“Black Betty” live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kum4O_fh0_E
“Picture” live with Kid Rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1fowAzBQbo

Setlists
July 3, 2009 live at Wolf Trap
1.Change
2.Love​ is​ Free
3.Shine Over Babylon
4.L​eaving​ Las​ Vegas
5.Strong Enough
6.Pictu​re
7.Can't Cry Anymore
8.Favo​rite​ Mistake
9.First Cut
10.Real​ Gone
11.Good is Good
12.Detours
13.If It Makes You Happy
14.Ou​t​ of​ Our​ Heads
15.Soak Up the Sun
16.Win​ding​ Road
17.No​ One​ Said​ it​ Would​ Be​ Easy
18.All I Wanna Do
19.Rock​ and​ Roll

Soundstage Performance from 2003:
My Favorite Mistake
You're an Original
The First Cut is the Deepest
Leavin' Las Vegas
Strong Enough
Redemption Day
Sweet Rosalyn
Members Only
If It Makes You Happy
Home
All I Wanna Do
Soak Up the Sun
Everyday is a Winding Road
I Shall Believe
(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding
Let's Get Free
Safe and Sound
Steve McQueen

USANA Amphitheatre
Aug. 25, 2008
1. God Bless This Mess
2. Shine Over Babylon
3. Love is Free
4. Leaving Las Vegas
5. Strong Enough
6. Can't Cry Anymore
7. Motivation
8. The First Cut is the Deepest
9. My Favorite Mistake
10. Gasoline
11. Detours
12. Weather Channel
13. If it Makes You Happy
14. Out of Our Heads
15. Soak Up the Sun
16. Everyday is a Winding Road
Encore
1. All I Wanna Do
2. Higher Ground

Did You Know?
Sheryl Crow has had 32 Grammy nominations, winning 9 times.
Both of her parents were musicians.
Crow attend the University of Missouri-Columbia at the same time as Brad Pitt.
She sang the female part of “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” on Michael Jackson’s Bad tour.
Crow also sang back-up for Don Henley on his The End of the Innocence tour.
Tuesday Night Music Club has sold over 7 million copies.
She performed on the Lilith Fair tour in 1997.
She has had a long standing friendship with Stevie Nicks, even producing several songs for Nicks’ Trouble in Shangri-La album.
Crow inducted Fleetwood Mac in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.
In 1998, Crow garnered a Grammy nomination for the title song from the Bond movie Tomorrow Never Comes.
Crow’s “My Favorite Mistake” is written about a cheating ex-boyfriend that she has refused to identify.
She was Glamour magazine’s Woman of the Year in 2000.
“The First Cut is the Deepest” reached #1 on three Billboard charts: Adult Contemporary, Adult Top 40, and Top 40 Adult Recurrents.
She dated and was briefly engaged to cyclist Lance Armstrong.
In 2006, Crow took time off due to her battle with breast cancer.
She adopted a son, Wyatt Steven Crow, in 2007.
Crow has contributed many songs to various soundtracks and compilations.
Her song “Real Gone” is in the Cars movie, in which she is the voice of Elvis.
Her Wildflower and Detours albums both debuted at #2 on The Billboard 200 chart.
Crow was a performer on the 2008 Get Out and Vote tour.
She released a Christmas album, Home for Christmas, in September.
She recorded her 2008 Detours album on her farm in Nashville.

Moondance Jam Connections
This is Sheryl Crow’s first Moondance Jam appearance.
Sheryl played at Woodstock ’94, as did the Spin Doctors (Moondance Jam 2009). Several other Moondance Jam alums played Woodstock ’94 and/or ’99.
Crow and Styx (Moondance Jam 2002, 2008) both had songs on the Big Daddy soundtrack.
For a short time, Crow dated Todd Park Mohr from Big Head Todd and the Monsters (Moondance Jam 2001, 2007).
Crow and Big Head Todd and the Monsters both have songs on the Led Zeppelin tribute album Encomium.
She performed at the 2008 Democratic National Convention, as did David Crosby and Graham Nash (Moondance Jam 2008).
Crow was a session backup vocalist for Foreigner (Moondance Jam 1998) in 1992.
Crow sang backup vocals for Journey’s Neal Schon (Moondance Jam 2002, 2005) on his solo album Late Night in 1989.
She did the same for Heart’s Nancy Wilson (Moondance Jam 2006) on her solo album Lady with a Song in 1990.
Crow and Ratt (Moondance Jam 2005) both have songs on the Point Break soundtrack.
Crow and Blues Traveler (Moondance Jam 2001) both have songs on the soundtrack to the Showtime series Rebel Highway as well as A Very Special Christmas Vol. 3.
Crow and Kansas lead singer/keyboardist (Moondance Jam 1995, 2007, 2009) were both born and raised in Missouri.
The music brought me to Moondance Jam. The people bring me back.
View my profiles of this years' bands at: viewforum.php?f=38
View profiles of past bands at: viewforum.php?f=7
Chris

Re: Sheryl Crow

Postby RichieRich » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Chris another great write up looking forward to seeing her perform at the Jam
HAVE FUN EVERYONE
RichieRich

Postby Tinman » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Nice job Chris! Sheryl will be awesome.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink Beer all day.
Tinman

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:21 pm

New setlist from July 3.

1.Change
2.Love​ is​ Free
3.Shine Over Babylon
4.L​eaving​ Las​ Vegas
5.Strong Enough
6.Pictu​re
7.Can't Cry Anymore
8.Favo​rite​ Mistake
9.First Cut
10.Real​ Gone
11.Good is Good
12.Detours
13.If It Makes You Happy
14.Ou​t​ of​ Our​ Heads
15.Soak Up the Sun
16.Win​ding​ Road
17.No​ One​ Said​ it​ Would​ Be​ Easy
18.All I Wanna Do
19.Rock​ and​ Roll
The music brought me to Moondance Jam. The people bring me back.
View my profiles of this years' bands at: viewforum.php?f=38
View profiles of past bands at: viewforum.php?f=7
Chris

Return to 2009 - Rockin' 18 Bands