Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

On the Lazy Moon Stage: TRINA HAMLIN

On the Lazy Moon Stage: TRINA HAMLIN

Postby HalfPast6 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:59 pm

TRINA HAMLIN
Performing at The Lazy Moon Backstage Bar
July 10 5:30pm-7:00pm; 8:15-9:00

The following was taken from a couple versions of Trina Hamlin’s bio. I couldn’t have said it any better:

Trina Hamlin is known for her sizzling blues harmonica and her energy-packed singing and guitar work. Her pure voice and unspoiled powerful presence have gained the singer-songwriter from Minneapolis a steady national following since she began playing solo shows on the downtown New York City club scene. Trina attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, graduating with a degree in Professional Music. She then moved to New York City and began playing in the band Blue Leaves, as she honed her songwriting skills and found her voice.

Demand has grown steadily. While touring acoustically across the country she has played shows with notables such as Paula Cole, Duncan Sheik, Ricki Lee Jones and John Hiatt. She was chosen as one of the "Most Wanted New Artists" at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival and, as an alumnus of the Newport Folk Festival, performed to a sold out crowd along with Ani DiFranco, Dar Williams and the Indigo Girls. She has performed on The Late Show with Conan O' Brien with the "Suits" and her music has been heard in the CBS-TV movie "Friends at Last," starring Kathleen Turner as well as on the WB’s "Dawson’s Creek".

Trina has jokingly said that the blues were created in her native Minnesota . . . she's only kidding, of course — but nevertheless, there’s something in the water and Trina went and had herself a drink. Maybe that’s why she’s one hell of a soulful interpreter. These days, live and on record, you’ll find Trina accompanying herself on guitar, harmonica and piano, divulging your own thoughts back to you as she works that keen sense of intuition of hers.

TOM’S TAKE: How do I say this correctly? If Melissa Etheridge were bluesier, she’d sound like Trina. They share that same strong, soulful voice that makes you want to hear just one more song, over and over and over again. When I first saw Trina perform here in the Cities about 18 months ago, I was really blown away. She performed that night with an old classmate, Ben Siems of The Willie August Project, and it’s no wonder it was hard to find a place to even stand. These two fantastic performers kept people glued to their chairs for the entire three hours I was there.

If you want to hear a few of her songs, check out http://www.sonicbids.com/trinahamlin and just press the ‘play’ arrow at the top of the screen.
HalfPast6

Re: On the Lazy Moon Stage: TRINA HAMLIN

Postby IanR » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:03 am

Oooo she's nice - bet she sounds good too lol
You've been to the hallowed grounds, seen the festival, now read the book about it's history

https://ianroutledge.selz.com/item/53fda9f5b798720540dd9fdc
IanR

Postby tiedyemom » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:59 pm

You are such a guy, Ian!
tiedyemom

Postby DrSkank » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 am

I'm taking donations to install a pole in the lazy moon.
:shock:
DrSkank

Return to 2008 Regional Bands with Tom from Half Past 6