Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Regional Bands at the Saloon and Lazy Moon Stage

Regional Bands at the Saloon and Lazy Moon Stage

Postby HalfPast6 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi everyone. It's Tom from Half Past 6 and I'll be handling the message board for the regional bands appearing at both Moondance Jam and Moondance Jammin' Country. I've been actively working on booking the acoustic acts for the Lazy Moon, while Mark has been handling the bands for the Saloon Stage.

This whole experience has been really exciting, and I feel confident that you will see performers on both stages that are simply outstanding. As you know, I surf the boards here pretty regularly and some of you have already come forth with great suggestions. A lot of those suggestions came in after offers had already been made, so I've saved them in case things don't work out as planned. So don't lose hope if you have a favorite performer who has not been named yet - there is a lotta time betwen then and now, and things DO happen.

I plan to do something similar to what Chris does with his Main Stage profiles, except I plan to do a single write-up for all the regional bands on a given day. This will hopefully lead you to the bands that sound the most interesting for your musical taste. We'll also encourage the bands to participate here on the Message Board as much as possible... It's always nice to be able to interact with the bands.

If you have any other suggestions for this page, please feel free to share them!!

-tom
HalfPast6

Re: Regional Bands at the Saloon and Lazy Moon Stage

Postby sueinminnesota » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:26 pm

I sure hope that TelluRide is going to be playing, at the salon after hours during Jammin Country, like they did last year!
sueinminnesota

Postby guitardaddy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 pm

yeah Telluride rocks...they are also some real awesome down-to-earth dudes. My band did a show with them last year and they were real cool. Their lead singer got up on stage with us and sang a Steve Earle song & they even had a few beers with us after our show. We then went inside to where they were playing and kept the party going 'til morning sometime. I hope they are back this year too!
guitardaddy

Postby HalfPast6 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:19 pm

I'm hoping to get the full schedule posted on here soon. Should be in my e-mail today or tomorrow and I'll be able to get you the Saloon Stage bands.
HalfPast6

Postby Patty » Thu May 29, 2008 3:12 pm

We have a group traveling from the cities to see Westbound on Thursday. Wish they were there Friday as well. They are very good. :D
Patty

Tim Casey & the Martyrs - MDJ, Saloon Stage at 2:00 on Satur

Postby Tim Casey » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi everyone,

My band, Tim Casey & the Martyrs performs Saturday afternoon at Moondance, at 2:00. It's an early time slot, and we're going to have a blast! The Martyrs and I have performed at Moondance Jam for the past several years - and I performed at MDJ for a few years in a row prior to that with another band. Our gig last year was the most fun so far - while we were performing a light rain began to fall - and suddenly the Saloon was completely filled with people - shoulder to shoulder. Everyone had a blast!!! So we're really looking forward to performing at MDJ 2007!!

Please check out our new single on My Space - it's called Set the Wind on Fire. I think you'll really like it. Please head over to the Saloon Stage and party with us on Saturday afternoon at 2:00. We're going to have a lot of fun!! See ya there! ;)

http://www.myspace.com/timcaseyandthemartyrs
Tim Casey

Return to 2008 Regional Bands with Tom from Half Past 6