Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Surprise Pink Floyd partial reunion

Surprise Pink Floyd partial reunion

Postby The Jam Web Guy » Fri May 20, 2011 8:57 am

The Jam Web Guy
Site Admin

Re: Surprise Pink Floyd partial reunion

Postby HalfPast6 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:07 am

These guys seem to have buried the hatchet, more or less, and I applaud them for that. I'm still kicking myself for not going to the UK for what turned out to be their only full reunion at Live 8. Oh well. At least I can enjoy the DVD of it.
HalfPast6

Postby Chris » Fri May 20, 2011 10:42 am

HalfPast6 wrote:These guys seem to have buried the hatchet, more or less, and I applaud them for that. I'm still kicking myself for not going to the UK for what turned out to be their only full reunion at Live 8. Oh well. At least I can enjoy the DVD of it.

They have to do a Pink Floyd reunion at some point don't they? I know Richard Wright passed away a few years ago but they still could reunite. I saw Waters do the The Wall and it was great. I have still not seen David Gilmour - he never comes here.

As for Live 8, they only played a few songs didn't they?
The music brought me to Moondance Jam. The people bring me back.
View my profiles of this years' bands at: viewforum.php?f=38
View profiles of past bands at: viewforum.php?f=7
Chris

Postby IanR » Fri May 20, 2011 10:59 am

Unfortunately according to reports this was the final time. Apparantly Roger Waters did a favour for Dave Gilmour for a charity a while back, and this was him recipricating the favour. According to the BBC entertainment correspondent, who was there that night after a tip off, they are civil to each other these days, but that's as far as it goes :(
You've been to the hallowed grounds, seen the festival, now read the book about it's history

https://ianroutledge.selz.com/item/53fda9f5b798720540dd9fdc
IanR

Postby HalfPast6 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:28 am

Chris, they played Breathe, Money, Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb - and they performed them all spotlessly.

It was reported shortly after Live 8 that Pink Floyd was offered $750 million to do a tour. They turned it down.

I don't think they'll ever tour again, although an 'anniversary tour' of The Final Cut would still be in play since Roger had kicked Richard Wright out of the band at that point anyway. haha
HalfPast6

Return to Concert Reviews, Rock News & Info