Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

2016 Jam suggestions

2016 Jam suggestions

Postby lennylive » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:01 pm

If you want to do something different and persue some bands that will Blow everyones mind..get...Joe Bonamassa and Rival Sons....You wont be disappointed and your Crowd will be in Awe

Here is a 2014 video of Rival Sons.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqSoGgYlsMo
Last edited by lennylive on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
lennylive

Re: 2016 Jam suggestions

Postby niesnies » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:35 pm

This is getting WAY too ahead of ourselves but the current lineup is close to set (and great BTW) and I just want 25 to be balls out!

Bands that need to be present at the 25th anniversary: (for the Best festival venue bar none) <--And never heard any different!

*Journey (Been far too long)
*Boston (...Its been such a long time...) ;)
*Foo Fighters (Never been and it should be considered a crime)
*Not REO (Not that I dont appreciate them but I feel we need a breather of a couple years)
* HALESTORM (because who wasn't blown away? Like... honestly stunned by their performance)

I will add to this as they come to me. But as headliners go, this would be a hell of a start and supporting cast. Just sayin'.
niesnies

Postby Tilbury89 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Definitely agree with Bonamassa. I'd like to see Journey too. Maybe Billy Joel too.
Tilbury89

Postby petch53 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:04 pm

niesnies wrote:This is getting WAY too ahead of ourselves but the current lineup is close to set (and great BTW) and I just want 25 to be balls out!

Bands that need to be present at the 25th anniversary: (for the Best festival venue bar none) <--And never heard any different!

*Journey (Been far too long)
*Boston (...Its been such a long time...) ;)
*Foo Fighters (Never been and it should be considered a crime)
*Not REO (Not that I dont appreciate them but I feel we need a breather of a couple years)
* HALESTORM (because who wasn't blown away? Like... honestly stunned by their performance)

I will add to this as they come to me. But as headliners go, this would be a hell of a start and supporting cast. Just sayin'.

Add Def and Seger. I love the rest of your bands. Be tough to get the Fighters of Foo, they are currently the hottest ticket going.. I paid over $200 for their show this summer.
Last edited by petch53 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm 56 and refuse to quit.
petch53

Postby gopherboy6 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:51 am

I can get on board with all the bands people have said so far. I don't think we will see the Foo Fighters here, just too much money involved right now, same reason I don't see Fleetwood Mac or the Stones playing Moondance either.

I'm with Petch on Seger and Def!
Moondance Jam...the best 4, make that 7 days of my year!
gopherboy6

Postby Reddog » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:14 am

Ok, I'll play along with this. Since it will be the 25th Jam, I'm expecting them to pull out all the stops! That being said, if it were ME...I would have national acts for the pre jam party on Wednesday as well. Open up a fans favorite site for 3 moths immediately following the conclusion of this years Jam. Everyone submits 3 bands, classic, newer doesn't matter. At the end of that time, every band voted for is ranked according to how many votes they got, then start trying to sign the top band on the list. If not possible, move to the next band and so on until the 3 Wednesday slots are filled.

Now, in my opinion, make the rest of the Jam TOTALLY classic rock to honor what Moondance was built and founded on. This would be my ultimate Jam:

Thursday:
11:00. Bob Seger
9:00. John Mellencamp
7:00. Lynyrd Skynyrd
5:00. 38 Special
3:00. Molly Hatchet

Friday:
11:00. Iron Maiden
9:00. Judas Priest
7:00. Queensryche
5:00. Cinderella/Tom Kiefer
3:00. Joe Lynn Turner

Saturday:
11:00. Aerosmith
9:00. Queen with Adam Lambert
7:00. Boston
5:00. Foreigner
3:00. Bad Company/Paul Rodgers

Now...you only turn 25 once, so I would add 1:00 shows. My three EXTRA bands inserted accordingly would be :
Sammy Hagar
Gregg Allman
UFO

Hey, a dog can dream...not realistic but sure was fun.

WOOF, WOOF
I woke up this mornin' and the Sun was gone. Turned on some music to start my day. I lost myself in a familiar song...I closed my eyes and I slipped away.
I will choose freewill...
Well I've never been to Heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma...
Reddog

Postby gopherboy6 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:20 am

I can get on board with that Dog!
Moondance Jam...the best 4, make that 7 days of my year!
gopherboy6

Postby Reddog » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:36 am

Wouldn't that be cool GB? Heck, I'd even volunteer my services to calculate data for the Wednesday thing, lol.
I woke up this mornin' and the Sun was gone. Turned on some music to start my day. I lost myself in a familiar song...I closed my eyes and I slipped away.
I will choose freewill...
Well I've never been to Heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma...
Reddog

Postby Doug » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Oh I've been known to ramble and go off in tangents. I'll be short and say this: That would be a lineup for the ages. For a handful of years they did have major bands on Wednesday. Def Leppard and ZZ Top played Wednesday, because they were available....but not a day later. I'm guessing it comes down to insurance, adding the cost of having 20,000+ peeps on your property an extra day. It was fun though ;)
I like cats, I just can't eat a whole one by myself.
Doug

Postby Davage » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Doug wrote:Oh I've been known to ramble and go off in tangents. I'll be short and say this: That would be a lineup for the ages. For a handful of years they did have major bands on Wednesday. Def Leppard and ZZ Top played Wednesday, because they were available....but not a day later. I'm guessing it comes down to insurance, adding the cost of having 20,000+ peeps on your property an extra day. It was fun though ;)

My first Jam was # 17. The Jam had 4 official days. We started setting up our campsite on Tuesday afternoon, and didn't leave until Sunday. It was AWESOME... I've said more than once that I'd be willing to pay extra to have another day of camping, even if Wednesday is still the pre-jam party.
Davage

Next

Return to Band Wishlists for the Next Jam