Moondance JamMoondance Jammin Country Fest

Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising

Postby Hippy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:03 am

Hey Jammers, just thought I'd pass along the link of an AWESOME local band that would be perfect for the Saloon Stage. They are Phoenix Rising out of Grand Forks. Their debut cd is titled Revelations & are currently in rotation on KJ108, as well as a couple other stations in Grand Forks & Fargo. Check out their site at www.phoenixrisingsite.com & check out a few of their tracks. The vocalist is a cross between Geoff Tate (Queensryche) & Bruce Dickenson (Iron Maiden). The lead guitarist has a strong George Lynch (Dokken- Lynch Mob) influence & together with addition the other members create a really great sound. They opened for Firehouse Dec 3rd & for those in the area Feb 18th or 19th (unsure on the date) they are nearly confirmed to open for Hairball at Big D's in Grand Forks. Check 'em out & post some feedback if you feel they'd fit into the Moondance Vibe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Hippy
Hippy

Re: Phoenix Rising

Postby Earl of Potent Bevs » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Tis I, Tis I, the mighty Earl just stopping in to give a shout out to any Jammer who'll be up around the Grafton area March 30 & 31. If you wanna check out a Kick * Band with a strong 80's feel, come check out these guys in Phoenix Rising, playing 2 nights at the Last Chance Bar in Grafton. Friday the 30th they will be headlining & Sat the 31st they'll be opening for the recently reunited Sons Of Poseidon. If you have the guts to treat yourself to a great night of music, come on up & I'll even let you have the honor of buying ol' Earl a beer 8-) But seriously, come on up & check em out & give a shout back on this thread, your thoughts about the show(s) & let's get em signed for the Saloon Stage for all other Jammers to enjoy. Well I gotta get going, we're testing a new BBQ flavored Mayonase today & I hear there are women coming just to see me - I just hope it's not another outing for the seniors at the old folks home, last time just as ol Earl built up the liquid courage to hit on a couple of them, they had to leave for their 5pm meds - another night of my Mighty MoJo wasted. So I gotta get liquored up earlier tonight ;) Hope to see the Last Chance FILLED with Jammer
"Peace, Harmony, & RTT's"
Earl of Potent Bevs

Postby Lisa! » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Oh Earl, how I've missed you :D :D Maybe, Baby!
"Moondance is made of memories, and memories are what bring this whole event alive." Bill Bieloh
RIP DJDizzyDarcy, I'll miss your Warm Hugs! God Bless
RIP Bill Bieloh-Thank You for Everything
RIP RichieRich, forever in CampHowler
Lisa!

Postby Earl of Potent Bevs » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:24 am

Yeah Lisa, I know. Since our last show at Moondance we've taken a break for us to "pursue" other areas of interest. The last we heard Deacon is up in northern Canada Clubbin Baby Seals. Now I haven't heard of them personally, but if Deacon thinks they're good enough to back him on his solo venture then they must be good. Which reminds me, I tried Googling them & you wouldn't believe how many searches come up for Baby Seals & not one mentions them out Clubbing with Deacon :? I'll have to get my IT guys on it. Snake I last seen in Amsterdam where he was once again going head to head with Kieth Richards in a "Break The Bank" contest to see who could run Amsterdam dry - Poor Kieth still thinks he has a chance :roll: & then there is I, the Mighty Earl who has taken up the sport of Cougar Hunting. It's not as dangerous as people claim, them little Rascals only go about 5 miles an hour, have a battery life of 2hrs max, & are usually found at the Grand Canyon or Statue of Liberty, which gives me more time to rack up frequent flyer miles 8-) someday I'll find out what I'm supposed to do once I catch them - there's not much work they can do at the Mayonase farm & it makes picking up chicks more difficult while carrying around Depends, Wet Wipes, & Applesauce :( But they do enjoy the new BBQ Mayo we came out with. Anyway, if you happen to see our Lawyer, can you find out what she knows about our upcoming "Breaking All The Rulzz" tour. We went outside our comfort zone &invited the Pigzz to not only join us on the Moondance leg, but chose to take an earlier slot & give them boys a push by opening for them. Oh I know, after refusing to let the likes of the Stone, Pink Floyd, & the Eagles open for us this may seem odd to most. But sometimes we like to make the dreams come true to some lucky guys, but this goes WAY outside our comfort zone, but hey, we're famous so we can do what we want. Well lisa, pass the word about Phoenix Rising & let's get some Jammers in attendance 8-)
"Peace, Harmony, & RTT's"
Earl of Potent Bevs

Return to Band Wishlists for the Next Jam